Technical Analysis = CRAP

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Frits, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frits

Frits

True, but TA isn't gonna be much of a help in improving that ratio.

#41     Apr 28, 2011
  2. Frits

Frits

Sure Truffy! I'm sorry to admit that I can't find words that would justify the value of your post. You win.

#42     Apr 28, 2011
  3. Frits

Frits

Take about 100 trades with a stop loss at 5 ticks and a take profit of 5 ticks. You might start out with a good run, but in the end statistics will catch up with you and you'll end up around a 50% winners and 50% losers. Probably a bit less winners since you might not get a fill at your profit target. But you'll end up around break even... But wait! There is the brokerage! So you'll end up being a loser! I compare this to playing black and red with roulette and green (zero) is your brokerage.

Even if you e.g. set your TP at 2 ticks end your SL at 8 ticks. You'll have 80% winners and 20% losers so in the end you'll still end up at BE. If you want to be a winner you need to limit your losses and let your profits run. Those who trade with a fixed SL and TP are doomed to fail.

If you don't like to SIM trade try tossing a coin, it's the same result. For more info on this subject read: http://www.smbtraining.com/blog/random-thoughts-or-rather-thoughts-about-randomness

Shaka :cool: ,

Frits

#43     Apr 28, 2011
  4. Frits

Frits

You could be right Smart:)! But those brilliant minds are certainly not with the educators on the internet that sell you courses on DVD for a couple of hundred dollars, charge thousands of dollars for personal coaching programs and hundreds of dollars for entrance to their crap trading support rooms :D !!

Glad you found a way to make money!

#44     Apr 28, 2011
  5. Frits

Frits

You're welcome :D !

#45     Apr 28, 2011
  6. Frits

Frits

Spoken like a true salesman! "No, no it's not our product that is bad! It's the fact that you need to improve your skills, you need to become a better trader! Why don't you buy another one of our courses on DVD on how to improve your trading skills? It's on offer this month for only $499,-"

You kill me TheLast :D !!

#46     Apr 28, 2011
  7. Sounds like you got scammed to me and you are bitter about it.

Just because you paid a few grand to a vendor who can't trade who taught you some useless or out of date technical strategy that you can probably find on google, doesn't mean all TA is useless..

#47     Apr 28, 2011
  8. cvds16

cvds16

Surf you should get out more in the REAL world of trading ... you just can't scale up on most things that are really worth their while and where you can have a real edge ...

#48     Apr 28, 2011
  9. Frits

Frits

I think your post was aimed at me Bison. Indeed I got scammed, but I'm not bitter about it. Actually it helped to open my eyes! Sounds a bit weird but maybe I should thank those who scammed me :D !

You offer one to one mentoring for "serious traders". Well that's great David! I'm doing just fine with the "limit your losses and let your profits run" approach. So thanks but no thanks.

#49     Apr 28, 2011
  10. luisHK

luisHK

I would definetely be willing to bet a larger share of my net worth than in my typical trade - and yes that says a lot on my trading edge :D

#50     Apr 28, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.