Tech Q:How to post a jpg?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by dnaj65000, Feb 12, 2004.

1. I apologize if this is covered before, but I did a search and could not find a solution to this. I also looked at the help section under ET code for posting a message and didn't find the answer because it's specific. I did my DD and couldn't find what I was looking for.

I would like to know how to post a jpg in the body of a message from a file on my hard drive. I notice the [​IMG]

I already know how to attach a file, but that only creates a hyperlink to allow others to download it instead of actually displaying it in the body of the text.

So how would I go about posting a jpg in the body?

Thanks.

2. Take this hyperlink and put it in

< IMG SRC=hyperlink > (without the spaces)

3. This works but still requires the guy's jpeg to be published, as he mentioned in his post.

I don't think it's possible to upload a file to Baron's servers and have it display in the body without it being on the web someplace.

A thought: most ISPs provide a minimal amount of remote storage on their servers, usually called "personal web spaces' or such. You could upload there via a free FTP client such as WS_FTP then link there using the IMG SRC command.

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yes, in order to have an image appear in the body of your post, the image file must reside on an internet server that can be hyperlinked to.

5. Understood, thanks Baron. I do have a limited amount of free webspace with my service provider....now let me try to figure out how to activate it..

thanks for the clarification