Tebow Vs the Anti-religon bigots

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Dec 12, 2011.

1. thinkers like you and tebow believe jesus has the power to change the outcome of ball games. did it occur to you to ask jesus why he isnt going to the phillipines to help with orphanages on sunday instead of playing football?

#31     Dec 13, 2011
  2. Max E.

Max E.

No, that wouldnt have occured to me because i dont believe in Jesus, now please feel free to list off all of your charitable works you accomplished while you were Tebows age, or even in your entire life for that matter.

#32     Dec 13, 2011
  3. how would that make my question any more logical? why does jesus, who is described as loving the little children, have time to help this guy win ball games yet he has no time for the poor?
    his charitible work is fine and all but are you trying to make a claim that there are no non believing ball players who give to charity? highly unlikely.
    what i give is my business but i will say this. as a precentage i will give more of what i have to charity than tebow or you or anyone here.

#33     Dec 13, 2011
  4. True about the intangible. Seems to take a couple of years for the capable to adjust to the upscale of the pros vs college.

Both Elway and Bradshaw got off to marginal starts their 1st 2 years, so judgement on Tebow should be held in reserve until about 2013.

Wasn't it just last year that Kyle Orton lead Denver to 6-0 to start the season and got rave reviews.. then 2-8 the rest of the way?

Both the believers and detractors of Tebow are too early.... though the 4th quarter heroics have been fun for Denver fans. (I live near Denver and not a Broncos fan... not even a football fan all that much... but I have been tuning-in to Broncos games lately.)

#34     Dec 13, 2011
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Not implying that at all, im saying that there are tons of bible thumpers like Tebow out there that you express hatred towards who do alot more good then bad in this world.

Feel free to offer proof of that claim at any point.

#35     Dec 13, 2011
  6. stu

stu

[​IMG]
    What a jerk.

I think one or two of you guys need to get perspective here.

You have an athlete whose record as a football player so far grades him mediocre at best, going about wearing his religious superstition on his sleeve and on his face, spouting his faith rather than the football on tv and in public to a sickening degree at every chance he gets.

Then you have the Broncos, hiring this below average player, seeing a way to exploit a potential lucrative religious franchise angle by drawing in certain types to tune in who will firstly cheerlead his religion, then buy the specific brand not necessarily because of the game, but because drawn like moths to a flame, it fits with their own personal emotional religious tribalism.

Then true to form, any means to an end card and the persecution card get pulled, whenever that kind of bullshit is criticized or quite rightly, poked fun at by comics like Maher and others including ironically - Christians too.

As if there should be some special dispensation for religious belief against all other forms of political, or celebrity, or team promotion being pushed in the public arena.

No chance.

#36     Dec 13, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Stu, you fucking girl who never played a sport in your life. Tebow won 3 straight state championships in high school going undefeated in all 3 seasons, he won 2 NCAA Championships, a Heisman and MVP and is 7-1 this year as a starter. Has it occurred to your non football playing ass that they drafted this guy because he is a winner? No, never occurred to you? That's what I thought. Now go back in your hole.

#37     Dec 13, 2011
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

You run a trucking company no? Tebow plays in the NFL. Maybe if you would have worked a little harder Vhehn you wouldn't be a truck driver in Rapid City, SD. Yeah dude, you are living the good life. Keep it up.

#38     Dec 13, 2011
  9. i owned a fleet of trucks that traveled the whole united states. which i sold and retired at age 45 with enough money never to have to work again. all i do now is play the market and travel when the fancy strikes me. i live in an exclusive area next to a national park having some of the nicest scenery in my state in a new paid for home. right now i am trying to decide between a second home in either arizona or florida. you should be so lucky.

i started out so poor we had outdoor plumbing as a child. i grew that into several nice sized businesses. i am financially independent and own several pieces of personal and rental realestate all free and clear. i dont owe a dime to anybody. i am proud of my accomplishments and will match balance sheets with almost any of you wanabees.

so tebow plays ball. big deal. i raced stock cars professionally for years. when i retired i held records for number of wins at a track and still hold a record for number of wins in a row. put tebow on the track with me and see what happens.

#39     Dec 13, 2011
  10. stu

stu

You are a crap defender of Tebow and he is a crap passer. As QB he needs not to be crap at passing which he is crap at, not mediocre which he is all round, but great at passing over everything to make it to champinonship standard QB. He is crap at it and the rest is hype.

The religious element is the main part of the hype as far as the Broncos and he is concerned.
    If you quit with all the the childish name calling you might smell the coffee.

#40     Dec 13, 2011