Tebow Vs the Anti-religon bigots

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yeah I think people forget how bad most great quarterbacks are their first couple seasons.

#11     Dec 12, 2011
  2. Elway is on board now. He was in the press box when they played the Bears.

Not sure if he was there because he thought Chicago would end the Tebow myth, or whether he actually supported the guy.

One thing for sure.....next week.....Brady.....at Foxboro.

#12     Dec 12, 2011
  3. A.C. Greene.

#13     Dec 12, 2011
  4. That's it!

He played with the great Laker teams back in the day. He never bowed to the pressure. I wish I had that strength. I like Tebow. I like that no one gave him a real shot in the NFL. So he gets big props with me. I don't know if his team can beat the Steelers or the Pats. But I would love to see him win it all. Especially against Aaron Rodgers and the Pack.

Yep, I just might be buying into the script, and if I am, a great drama it was, and well worth the watching!:)

#14     Dec 12, 2011
  5. So much of what it takes to be a great quarterback is intangible. It simply cannot be measured. How many top qb draft picks are out of the NFL after 4 yrs?

With Tebow, you can see it. He has it. Call it an aura, belief, chi, whatever, he's fun to watch and he's a winner. Makes me wish I was a Broncos fan because if he keeps it up they are going to be talking about him like his last name was Montana.

I may not be religious, but I appreciate his faith. Faith can move mountains.

#15     Dec 12, 2011
  6. You just might be surprised at how many people with be rooting for David.

I think NFL nation just might be quietly rooting for Tebow. The Pats are better, all the way around. On paper. Would it not be nice, just one time, for the stats to be wrong, in this era. If Tebow wins Sunday, we will have our Joe Namath.

#16     Dec 12, 2011
  7. Nanook

Nanook

Correction: One thing for sure.....next week.....Brady.....at the Von-Doom house!

#17     Dec 12, 2011
  8. The Patriots don't need this game...the Broncos do. Something tells me the Broncos come out on top. My fantasy team may suffer, but f*ck it, I'm tied for first in my league.

#18     Dec 12, 2011
  9. Max E.

Max E.

The Patriots actually do have something to play for. 3 teams are tied at the top of the AFC at 10-3 so they are playing for a first round buy and homefield advantagethroughout the playoffs where as Denver has no chance at the first round buy, and they can lose this game and then they just have to win out to still be ahead of Oakland.

Here is what i wrote on another thread on what i think about the game:

Every teams game plan against Brady is to eat clock and keep Brady off the field. So far this year the only 2 teams to hold Brady under 30 points are the steelers, and the giants, and both those teams have had a long history of dealing with Brady, and they both have a pretty decent offense.

Brady and bellichick have faced a lot of fantastic defenses in the AFC, and only 2 have stymied them this year. The Steelers defense under Dick Lebeau will probably go down as one of the top defenses in history, and they have been eaten alive by Brady and Belichick time after time until this season where they finally pulled it off.

Denver is 21st in yards allowed rushing, and 19th in yards allowed passing, I dont think Denvers defense is nearly as good as the Steelers yet, so i doubt Denvers defense can stay in the game, and keep Denver in the Run Option long enough to allow Tebow to win. This will be the first real test of Tebow's arm besides the Lions where he lost 45-10, and i cant see Tebow staying in a passing game vs. Brady.

#19     Dec 12, 2011
  10. Max E.

Max E.

+1

This is exactly how i feel, I dont believe in organised religion, but i cant stand the fact that people would go after him for his religion, when he seems like a good guy. I am on the Tebow band wagon, because he ends up on the recieving end of so much vitriol, simply because he expresses his faith.

#20     Dec 12, 2011