Tebow, Superbowl, & Abortion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RangeBar, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Full process and rights should not occur until the day the umbilical chord is cut. Until then, the woman carrying the fetus should have complete control over whether she considers the fetus symbiotic or parasitic.

You say the fetus "is not a slave" yet you would make the woman, a full grown adult, a slave to the fetus. Absurd.

To those expressing the view that anti-choice groups have a right to speak their opinion: I couldn't agree more. However, it has been the policy of CBS to NOT allow advocacy ads during the Super Bowl. Nowthey suddenly "relax our standards", 100 days before the event, to allow this ad. I would have no problem with relaxing the standards, (in fact I have always thought the no advacacy ad policy was wrong), but it should have been done openly and ALL groups should have been able to submit bids for ad space.

#11     Jan 27, 2010
  2. I am pro-choice. I believe every woman should have the choice of whether she wants to get pregnant or not.

Abortion is not a legitimate form of birth control.

I really love how the left says sex education and readily available contraception is so effective at preventing pregnancy. If these were so effective why would you need abortion?

#12     Jan 27, 2010
  3. I think, in the spirit of fairness, CBS should at least allow an ad by someone saying why Tebow 'should' have been aborted.

#13     Jan 27, 2010
  4. Read my post again, you didn't understand. I'm not left or right I am pragmatic and use common sense.
    And probably consider yourself a conservative. Concerning social issues the most conservative policy is to mind your own business. A pratice most conservatives fail to follow.

#14     Jan 27, 2010
  5. I suggest we wait and see the ad before getting in a lather over it. As I understand it, the ad is more inspirational than political. Tebow's mom, who happens to be a missionary, tells how she was advised to get an abortion but didn't. Now, 23 years later, that baby turns out to be arguably the greatest player in college football history.

Why would even the most ardent pro abortion fanatic have a problem with that story? Why is it controversial to advise young women to fully consider the ramifications of getting an abortion?

#15     Jan 27, 2010
  6. I see.

Exactly how did you arrive at such a scientific secular conclusion?

#16     Jan 27, 2010
  7. Would you be just as supportive of an ad from Cindy Sheehan, talking about how her son died for a needless war?

How about an ad from the Tillman family talking about the lies of the military?

How about an ad advising young men and women not to go into the military and fully discussing the ramifications so that young men and women don't become pawns in needless wars?

I am not against banning it, but let's just be real...

You support this ad because you support the politics of the ad...not on principles of free speech or anything inspirational...

#17     Jan 27, 2010

8. Excellent post !!! In fact, if I recall correctly, Cindy Sheenan's group did try to run an ad during one of the Super Bowls and was refused because; "we don't allow advocacy ads".

#18     Jan 27, 2010