Team Obama admits it's a matter of race

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Jul 17, 2012.

1. jem

jem

I read these studies. When they break out groups... The studies show that that the the underclass is now trapped while the other 80 to 90 percent of U.S. is fluid.

This is consistent with the failure of great society giveaway and democrat programs... right here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socio-economic_mobility_in_the_United_States

Some studies have found that not only is the degree of social mobility in the US not large but it has either remained unchanged or decreased since the 1970s.[10][16][17][18]

#31     Jul 17, 2012
  2. jem

jem

Also from your article...
    By the way I do not believe anything Krugman says... so don't post his bullshit.

According to Thomas Sowell, fluctuations in income and social mobility is robust and make complaints about income inequality trivial.
    An absolute majority of the people who were in the bottom 20 percent [of income] in 1975 have also been in the top 20 percent at some time since then. Most Americans don't stay put in any income bracket. At different times, they are both "rich" and "poor" -- as these terms are recklessly thrown around in the media. [...] There are of course some people who remain permanently in the bottom 20 percent. But such people constitute less than one percent of the American population, according to data published by the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas in its 1995 annual report. Perhaps the intelligentsia and the politicians have been too busy waxing indignant to be bothered by anything so mundane as facts.[21]

#32     Jul 17, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Lol, I don't believe anything you say.

#33     Jul 17, 2012
  4. Is there a more dishonest, reprehensible "economist" around?

So Krugman endorses whatever level of fraud is necessary so that the g'ment recklessly spends trillions of dollars for an event that won't happen.

Do you not sense the level of desperation in the above comments? No amount of spending is ever enough....because unless they spend in ever greater amounts the house of cards comes crashing down.

#34     Jul 17, 2012
  5. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but there is a real disconnect between you and your idealogy.

At every turn, you seem to display a level of smugness about how much you love the deficit spending, the dollar weakness (while it was occuring), etc, etc...

But then you rail on about this 1%-er stuff, while you are trying to convey that you are a part of the 1%.

#35     Jul 17, 2012
  6. jem

jem

I thought you were more intelligent than that. really.

#36     Jul 17, 2012
  7. I think you may be taking that specific exchange out of context... not that I agree with or endorse Krugman, but, what he's saying is that, as a society, someone or some entity has to fabricate (or create) incentive.

Incentive can be purely fictional, or, it can be the Nazis or Stalin or the Terrorists. In either case, only the government can organize a massive effort on the scale of WWII or space aliens.

Money is just a tool. Whether or not it is spent recklessly is purely subjective. Money, in general has been a "house of cards" since the very first day someone wrote an IOU...

#37     Jul 17, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

*Shrug* Back at ya.

#38     Jul 17, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Did I say I was part of the 1%? I recall asking what the threshold was...

#39     Jul 17, 2012
  10. Regardless, as a small business owner, do you think you can more effectively allocate the tax "savings" or the g'ment?

#40     Jul 17, 2012