Teaching the Wife to Trade

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Arthur Deco, Sep 15, 2010.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

Wow! Your Wife and my Wife must be long lost Sisters! :D

Seriously, they may be related!:D

#21     Sep 15, 2010

2. I'll take her. :)

Two men are on opposite sides of the Earth. One is walking a tightrope. The other is getting a blowjob by a 90-year-old woman.
    Both get the exact same thought at the exact same time.
    “Don’t look down.”

#22     Sep 16, 2010
  3. A simpler idea would be to buy a x million dollar life insurance policy.

consider starting a charitable foundation while you are alive and give them your family legacy, the system. It will send you good karma long after you are gone. so in your next incarnation you don't come back as ...

#23     Sep 16, 2010
  4. Then maybe you should have set her up financiallly for the rest of her life after you are gone. It would have made things easier for both of you.

Also bringing someone who has no clue into trading is a double edged sword. Even with the best teacher and generated trading sgnals, most of the newbies will try to second guess the system which turns a perfectly profitable system into a financial disaster in a blink of eye.

Good luck.

#24     Sep 16, 2010
  5. You telling me your blinged looker wife couldn't:

maintain redundant fast internet links?

install, upgrade and use security software?

upgrade the trading computer every two years, reinstall all the programs and transfer all the files?

learn the broker software and how to upgrade it and to check for accounting errors?

learn how to upgrade the the data software and how to use it?

learn how to update the underlying languages (probably Java) that they use?

learn how to code the system software and maintain it?

learn how to recognize fundamental changes in the market?

learn how to conceive algorithms to account for those changes?

learn the ins and outs of backtesting and optimization?

Oh, to hell with it!

#25     Sep 16, 2010
  6. I got my first blowjob from my grandmother. I kind of miss her. She had no teeth.

#26     Sep 16, 2010
  7. Well, there is second-guessing and there is knowing that some types of price action are extremely subtle and difficult to capture in an algorithm. I typically make more money than my system says I should. But I DO feel guilty about it.

#27     Sep 16, 2010
  8. riddler

riddler

another example of why tradin is gambling. he could of fed a family with his losses. you never hear an engineer,fireman,doctor,salesman,or even a mechanic talk like that. this is a dead end street guys,get with the program and do something with your live's.

#28     Sep 16, 2010

9. ROFLMAO

Seriously though Art I understand you completely.

My advise is to continue to teach her OR adopt a 16 year old kid and teach him.

I'm 46 but not "obscenely" profitable and I'm more then happy to be adopted.... :D :D :D

#29     Sep 16, 2010
  10. I don't get it. If you are profitable, I'm sure she would have realized the cash streaming in. Why would she have such a negative reaction to something that works so well?

#30     Sep 16, 2010