Teaching Ignorance: The Infiltration of Creationism is Dumbing Down our Youth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jun 15, 2012.

1. I'd go 1st class on that airline.:D

#21     Jun 15, 2012
  2. =============
    Great ''creative ''points,Mr Lu.
    I dont like most male bank tellers also,;male CPA seem to be in order.LOL

Another great point about your creative points;
    the foundation of our free nation is a limited gov.And most by far believed in Bible Creation.

Even Pres Tom Jefferson, while he cut NT miracles out of his Bible;
    did not cut the miracles out of all the Bibles he gave to the Indians, including creation miracle[Genisis 1.1]

Thanks.:cool:

#22     Jun 15, 2012
  3. Do you even hear the words coming out of your mouth? You sound like hitler or pol pot, or Kim Jung Il.

If you really think the world will be better without religion, then lets use real life case studies to see where abolishing religion worked for the betterment of the people.

Did it work well in....

North Korea? No
    Cambodia? No
    Soveit Union? No
    Albania? No
    Czechoslovakia? No
    Mongolia? No
    Cuba? No

So those are your case studies for the last 100 years. How did abolishing religion in those countries make them better? It didnt...Half of them collapsed NK is on its way to collapse and the others are still suffering from the effects of atheism.

You can not deny the proof. Atheism is bad for people and bad for business.

Lets be honest...you atheists don't care what people believe or dont believe. You dont care how someone else lives their life. The only thing that bothers you is you want to be able to sin freely without someone telling you its wrong. Thats the only reason you want to get rid of religion.

#23     Jun 15, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

You know what, I've often thought that very thing.

I also think most people follow whatever religion not to because they're good people or because of true love of a "God" they've never seen. But simply to avoid going to hell or whatever equivalent of hell that religion subscribes to.

#24     Jun 15, 2012

5. ^ No statements like this is what makes some of us anti-religion. It leads to rampant stupidity, as evidenced by these two sentences.

#25     Jun 15, 2012
  6. It's not the abolishment or outlawing of religion that disturbs me.
    (mere laws of mortals will never stop me from practicing my religion)

The truly disturbing part of your proposal is what you intend to REPLACE it with.

your particular brand of wisdom perhaps :D :D :D :D :D

#26     Jun 15, 2012
  7. Max E.

Max E.

:D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U06jlgpMtQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#27     Jun 15, 2012
  8. Opulence

Opulence

100 years? That's it? Dude, it's a well known FACT that religion is responsible for more murder than anything else in the history of the world. Nothing else even comes close. And that stretches back thousands of years. On the other hand, I've never heard of anyone being murdered in the name of Atheism. Hmmm....I wonder why?

Sin freely without someone telling us it's wrong? Really, dude? Who are you or any other religious zealot to tell someone that what they do is right or wrong? Especially considering that religious people are the biggest "sinners" there are. Besides, you religious people tend to do what's "right" because you think you'll receive some reward, whereas us Atheists tend to do right by people just because it's the right thing...not out of some self-serving motive like religious people.

#28     Jun 16, 2012
  9. Opulence

Opulence

What's scary is the fact that people like you tend to believe that there's no such thing as morality without religion. That's a pretty sickening state of mind, dude. If you need religion to teach you morals and to encourage you to remain moral, then you're not a moral person to begin with. Like I told the other guy, in Atheism, we're moral because it's the right thing to do...we're not seeking reward from an invisible man, unlike religious people who claim to be moral just because you pledge allegiance to some bullshit doctrine. It's sad that you need an entire system, based upon brainwashing and manipulation, to teach you something you should naturally know.

#29     Jun 16, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Circular reasoning.

#30     Jun 16, 2012