Tea Party, thinkin about it.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Sep 13, 2010.

1. #31     Sep 13, 2010
  2. Ricter

Ricter

This thread is beginning to stink of ruse.

#32     Sep 13, 2010
  3. huh

huh

I see no good future for this country with the current two party system as both demoncrats and redumblicunts have run this country financially into the ground. So a third party even the tea party would be good, but I haven't quite figured out the point of the tea party yet....

They want to cut spending and cut taxes but the tea party does not support cutting Social Security, or Medicare which makes no sense. They won't support a war tax to pay for our wars or a cut in military spending. So they don't want to cut spending and they don't want to raise taxes so what exactly are they proposing to solve the debt crisis?

Cute little signs with cliche messages are fine but some actual solutions would be better. Where can I find what SPECIFIC solutions the Tea Party is proposing other than the generic less taxes, less gov't, less spending blah blah blah that EVERYBODY would prefer?

#33     Sep 13, 2010
  4. I can see why you would say that, but a point comes when you have to look at all options, from all sides.

#34     Sep 14, 2010
  5. It means you are one of the few who has seen past the smoke and mirrors of the bipartisan Tea Party panic fest that has ensued since the movement started gaining momentum. Only a few years into our existence and aproximately 1/3 of the nation are supporters.

Further, it is an ablolute non issue that you are black. In fact, one of the most prominent leaders of the movement is black. More importantly he's a pragmatic leader, decorated officer, and has an abiding belief in limited government.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VP2p91dvm6M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VP2p91dvm6M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Let's also not forget that the historical founder of our movement, Crispus Attucks, who effectively started the American Revolution was also a black man.

As someone who is an active supporter of the Tea Party movement, I'd like to clear up a few inaccuracies on Hermette's part for you.

Abortion- There is no official position on Abortion, and most of the movement is pro choice. The overwhelming majority (I forget precisely, but high 90s) is pro choice in cases of rape, incest, or health risk.

Religion- The average Tea Party supporter does not describe themselves as "religious" and does not attend church.

Your skin color is irrelevant so long as you share the belief in limited government and reducing the current size and scope of government. There is a broad plethora of views and beliefs represented, but that's the common theme.

I'd implore you to ignore hermette's rants, and go see for yourself. I'd also like to add that there is no central "Tea Party Authority". It's a grass roots movement and each chapter has it's own balance and nuance of views.

Good luck, and let me know if you need contact info for the group nearest you.

#35     Sep 14, 2010
  6. I'd like to add, if you do persue your interest in the Tea Party and do experience racism in some form, please make me aware of it. If you'd be so kind as to give me the "what, where, who, when" I'll be happy to deal with it personally.

I'll be shocked if this actually happens, but if so I can assure you it will be addressed and dealt with.

#36     Sep 14, 2010
  7. That was compelling. I have been watching with great interest whether or not the people will peacefully assemble for redress of grievances.

They have.

So I am going to join them. We cannot continue with this path, it is going to destroy us all. There are many programs in place specifically designed to keep the American people distracted or incapacitated.

Let me be clear, I voted for President Obama. I have pride that we as a nation could place a man that represents 12% of our population in office. But now, he is like any other President, and he needs to answer some questions in a very specific way.

It is funny in some respects, because the election of President Obama made a lot of minorities recognize without reasonable doubt that America is indeed a unique place. Then a realization occurs that she is being dismantled in a precise and methodical way. Then anger occurs because they are using President Obama's color to move this agenda forward. But what can Obama do?

He was already warned against being too much like Kennedy.

As a consequence it is up to the American people to wake up and understand what is happening here. The citizens of the world should be alert as well because America is the only thing standing between freedom and global fascism.

A great man once said: We must all hang together, or we will surely hang separately.:(

#37     Sep 14, 2010
  8. As I was going back looking at this thread, I asked myself why does he think this is a ruse?

Then something creeped up out of recesses of my mind. I demonstrated that I listen to Rush, and also said that I am black. That could not possibly be it, could it?

80% of the time I listen to Rush because he gives the news in an amusing way. Maybe I should say I also watch the the Daily Show.

I also check in with Hannity, Olbermann, Maddow, and O'Rielly. It's called balance. I believe the operators of this game run down the middle of the map, and while are supposed to shooting at them, we instead shoot each other thru crossfire.

Ever think about that?

Don't you find it strange that the libs have their channel, and the right wingers also have theirs?

What if both of them are telling "modified" versions of the truth?

#38     Sep 14, 2010
  9. <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rDs0fOVj090?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rDs0fOVj090?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#39     Sep 14, 2010
  10. This would be where we are, in my mind, again.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HRB2dGI1vRM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HRB2dGI1vRM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#40     Sep 14, 2010