Tea Party, thinkin about it.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Sep 13, 2010.

1. You have no idea what caused the financial break down do you? I will give you a hint, it is what you termed "the most free of the free", which turned out to be the costliest of all when the markets were deregulated under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley act of 2000.

Everyone think they have got the solution, but what they often neglect is what lessons they can learn from looking in the mirror and that their solutions are no better than many others and in fact could be a lot worst.

#11     Sep 13, 2010
  2. Yes, hermit, I have read your threads with great interest. But, I consider evidence not a blog or a he say she say situation. I want a registered member of the Tea Party say they are for "white power".

You see, I have spent time in rural America, as a dredlocked black male. I have met no racists yet.

I HAVE met down to earth people who waive when I drive by. Even the cops.

I voted for President Obama, of course. (Anything else is tantamount to Treason in my ethnic group). I was proud of America and what she could do.

Now, as a trader and someone with a portable skill, I see the plan to make ordinary workers subject to the State. As subject to a bankrupt State, we will have the honor of supporting these people.

I met a woman back in 1992 who told me, you are a liberal now, but you have drive, you will become a conservative. I gave her some dribble about poor people and the underprivileged, etc. Now, I realize that there is a certain group of people who will kill the golden goose.

I see the Tea Party as the only way to stop this.

Did I tell you I am black?

#12     Sep 13, 2010
  3. Yes, actually I do, I even educated my parents to it. The Frank-Dodd act throw out the baby with the bathwater.

If you work at Mickey D's, you should not be in a 100000 house. The purchaser of the house knows this. The lender does also, I am not letting them off the hook. But this is too much. Entrepreneurs should be allowed to fail. Our government spends too much time trying to protect us from ourselves.

Provide for the common defense
    Promote the general warfare
    Secure the blessings of liberty for ourselves and our posterity

And leave us the hell alone!!

#13     Sep 13, 2010
  4. Its not just blog posts or opinion editorials, there has been fair share of direct reporting about the tea party.

As I said earlier, the tea party was a great idea back when Ron Paul was leading it, he has been consistent and is genuine in his rhetoric and had he been in charge, the tea party would have been a real alternative to the Dems and Repubs. But once the neocons hijacked it, infact some tea partiers even tried to oust Ron Paul from his Texas seat, the whole movement was hijacked by self serving television pundits, corporate lobbyists and Republicans looking to rebrand themselves after the Bush debacle.

#14     Sep 13, 2010
  5. I have also served my country when I had options not to.

We have a great nation. I have posted here for years as a liberal and a radical to draw out debate. But honestly, I have watched us move in the wrong direction. We are becoming a welfare state. If everyone become dependent on government, do you know that that is?

Fascism.

We cannot allow our citizens to become fiscally dependent on the government. If we do, the government will have re-established slavery de facto, if not de jure.

What happens liberals if we all wind up on one level field with government as the owners of that field?

We will have to play any game they want.

#15     Sep 13, 2010
  6. Links?

Hermit, I don't know how old you are, but we are living in "strange times".

Do you have a political affiliation? What will your party do rescue us from insolvency?

#16     Sep 13, 2010
  7. I did not respond to this.

I am also anti-abortion.

Masturbation? Really? This is a political issue?

Xenophobic....this is false, they are against Mexicans going over the border taking without giving. They receive services, do they pay taxes?

Disingenuous. Hard proof and I am sold.

Anti-Gay. Most Christians, Muslims and Jews are.

Racist. Proof. Real Proof.

Corporate sponsored? I have doubts. The Tea Party wants individualism. Corporations want collectivism. What corporations sponsor this?

Fox, is TV. TV is ratings. They are a business. They want to make money, I have no issue with that.

#17     Sep 13, 2010
  8. A video the MSM nor hermit will be showing us:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3TQBEzaHTiY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3TQBEzaHTiY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

#18     Sep 13, 2010
  9. Ricter

Ricter

The tea party is a large group, and they are diverse. You will find "saints and sinners" amongst them, though one meeting, in one place, will of course be a small sample, and possibly not at all representative.

Attend, more information is better than less.

#19     Sep 13, 2010
  10. My voting record:

Bush the Elder
    Clinton
    Bush the Younger
    Obama

Four Presidents, and what have we gotten? Nothing. Are we a government of the people and by the people? I used to believe, but I have been thru enuf elections to objectively question this.

Can this Tea Party bring government back to the people?

Edit: I just noticed that all the Presidential candidates I voted for won. What did we get? I will not vote for Palin because the Congress will not work with her. Both sides dislike her. Right now, its looking like Obama again.

#20     Sep 13, 2010