Tea Party Ready To Replace Boehner

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Hello

Hello

Its nice to see so many in agreement over Boehner, it would be hugely symbolic if he got outed in 2012, when these jackasses in the republican party, who were swept in on a promise for massive spending cuts, cant even figure out how to cut a couple hundred billion out of a 1.5 trillion dollar budget deficit.

#11     Mar 25, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Fuck him, I got no use for drama queen cry babies. Right now we need leaders with a back bone, more than ever.

#12     Mar 25, 2011
  3. I have posted about this before. Boehner has a huge problem named Michelle Bachmann. The freshmen Tea Party-backed congressmen can be marginalized, coerced or coopted. Not Bachmann. She raised more money than any House republican, and in this town, money talks. Loudly.

She is more than a leader to the Tea Party caucus. She gives them credibility and backbone. There is only so much Boehner, Cantor and Ryan can do before they will get a ton of blowback, and they know it. Bachmann alone owuld be just a pain in the neck, the Tea party guys alone would be a nuisance, but the combination is deadly for the leadership.

Boehner, Cantor and Ryan are not evil, but they are caught between Bachmann and the establishment republicans, who fear a government shutdown above all else. That of course kills their ability to negotiate. The democrats know that when push comes to shove, Boehner will fold. In fact, he folded preemptively, always the sign of a poor negotiator.

The situation is not that different from the NFL CBA negotiations. If you are afraid of a lost season, you can't drive a hard deal. If you are a republican and still carry scars from the '95 government shutdown, you will give a lot to avoid a repeat.

None of this is reason to try to defeat Boehner, but it does raise questions about his tenure as Speaker. If Bachmann acquits herself well in the presidential debates, look for a strong push for her to be the next Speaker.

#13     Mar 25, 2011
  4. If the tea party is going to be effective cutting spending they better do it quickly. Once they're in for a couple of terms then they will be one of the good ol boys. I think the republican fracturing apart some is a good thing and I think it would be a good thing for the democrat party also and more important I think it's good for America. With the two parties being so partisan there are many votes that are almost completely along party lines and we know it's just towing the line for some. The Tea Party has made it possible for a republican to vote against the leadership. I'm wasn't a tea party fan and still not but I think it's a good thing they are there.

#14     Mar 25, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Personally I think Boehner's parents should have named him Dick. Or maybe "Long" or maybe "Hard" or maybe "Holy" or maybe "Grab My" or maybe "Rub My" or maybe...

#15     Mar 25, 2011
  6. Bonehead should have been cut going into the last election.

But I guess he found enough "loyalists" to support him like insomnia-cure Reid did.....

#16     Mar 25, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

And there in lies our last real hope. The electorate has to come to terms with the cold harsh reality that ALL of the career politicians have got to go. Even your favorite one.

#17     Mar 25, 2011
  8. pspr

pspr

His real name is probably Harry.

#18     Mar 25, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

And his nick name is "skinny"?

#19     Mar 25, 2011
  10. That's right Binky. If you HAVE a favorite one and he/she supported the crap that's happened, then YOU are the problem.

#20     Mar 25, 2011