tea party loyalists you have been duped.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Nov 10, 2010.

1. the whole tea party rant is supposed to be about cutting spending and balancing the budget. all earmarks combined are estimated to be about 18 billion dollars a year. not even a drop in the bucket.
    here we have the poster child for the tea party within one week of being elected backing off on his pledge to balance the budget and promising that he will make sure his state gets all available government spending.
    if every senator makes the same promise where will the trillions of spending cuts needed to balance the budget come from?

#11     Nov 10, 2010

2. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/04/fox-news-on-christine-odo_n_778829.html

Fox News On Christine O'Donnell: 'No Plans To Hire Her'

Shortly after Republican Tea Party candidate Christine O'Donnell lost her race for the Senate from Delaware, media-watchers began speculating that she might follow Sarah Palin's path and become a Fox News contributor.

"O'Donnell would be latest case that a losing candidate can have more media juice (Palin 2.0). Could be smart for Fox to sign her," New York Magazine's Gabriel Sherman tweeted.

"Fox will TOTALLY sign her - if they haven't already," Mediaite's Rachel Sklar chimed in.

But Fox News says it isn't happening.

The network told Mediaite it has "no plans to hire her."

O'Donnell made Fox News her national media home during her campaign (as much as she did national media), following the advice of Palin, who advised her to "speak through Fox News." O'Donnell also reportedly boasted to Republicans that she had "Sean Hannity in [her] back pocket."

#12     Nov 10, 2010
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

i am not supporting rand paul in this thread. i am supporting TRUTH in this thread. if you wish to post things about someone, make sure they are accurate. that's all.

i don't know enough about paul to comment on your other questions. i just did my research when i saw the OP. if you wish to openly debate him, do it without the mal-intent you seem to be showing here, because i'm not going to get into a pissy match with you. pick a subject, and lets talk about it.

#13     Nov 10, 2010
  4. Sorry, I thought your post was an implicit defense of the man and what he stood for. Since your apparent object was to clarify, effectively in his defense, I wanted to also address the other matters that have already come to light some time ago and are a secret to no one. The items I noted in my post are indeed true. That's why I wanted your view along with any clarity or context you may wish to add. I don't think you should interpret mere statements of fact as a personal affront.

#14     Nov 10, 2010
  5. Thanks for posting that. Notice how GOP is full steam ahead with planning to dump its token minority party leader Steele and Bush reared his ugly head with the first public interview sinc e presidency immediately after the elections.

I think a lot of people underestimate the level of organization that GOP has. It took them just 2 years to completely wipe the political consequences of the most destructive presidency in this country's history. Just 2 years.

#15     Nov 10, 2010
  6. Yes!! The big republican boogey man is coming for you!!!

#16     Nov 10, 2010

7. +1

#17     Nov 10, 2010
  8. Yeah, but Obama is on track to be just as destructive or more. Both in terms of loss of life in wars, and the budget...

#18     Nov 10, 2010
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

1. if he truly said he was a certified opthalmologist, and he is not a certified opthalmologist (with the AMA) then that is a lie. he should be called out on it.

2. can you post the original BP comment where it was first uttered (article or video) so i can view in context? otherwise i cannot form a valid opinion.

3. business owners have the right to refuse any and all customers for whatever reason at all, unless they are funded by the government (state, federal or local). a business is a private enterprise, and government has no more right telling a person how to run their business than they do how to live in their home.

4. as for rallying against government healthcare, yet still accepting medicaid or medicare - people tried to use a similar argument on joe miller. my answer is this in comparison: i may take unemployment if i am let go from my job, because i pay into the taxes to get it. but that doesn't mean i have to agree with all aspects of the program, or how the program is run. for example, i do not believe anyone should get 99 weeks of unemployment.

#19     Nov 10, 2010
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

bush was the most destructive president in this country's history? really? or are you saying in your PERSONAL history? because i think you really need to learn a bit more about the country's history before you start throwing around a serious allegation like that.

#20     Nov 10, 2010