Tea Party GOP Senate Candidate: Evolution is a myth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hermit, Sep 25, 2010.

1. lindq

lindq

Obviously you haven't.

So I suggest you walk into the nearest bathroom and just look in the mirror.

What you are seeing is clearly the product of natural selection.

Now, in your case it may not be a great product...but nonetheless what you are is a result of nature weeding out everything that didn't work millions of years ago...and passing along those things that did work. It is as simple as that. No mystery there.

It's not only the way nature works, it's the way we work.

As a very simple example, since you can't seem to see how clear this is, think of developing a trading system. A perfect example of the process of selection. You test and fail. Test and fail. A million times. And eventually come up with a survivor that works.

And that survivor carries on and you continue to improve it. And maybe you also find another system that works and survives, that is separate and apart from your first system. But they both survive...precisely like separate species.

Congratulations. You've just repeated the very process that created yourself, and all those other nice little creatures running around the planet that we love to hunt and eat.

This is just such a simple, universal standard of progress, that I don't understand why there is any doubt at all about it. Everything in your life is there because you selected it, and tossed out that which didn't work. Why do you think that the universe would act differently?

What doesn't make sense to you about that?

I invite anyone, with an intelligent response, to explain why the process of natural selection over time doesn't seem like a completely logical explanation of how the planet has evolved?

That which was created and didn't work, didn't survive. That which was created, and DID work, is here. (Unless we already destroyed it ourselves.) What, please tell me, does not make perfect sense, no matter what your religious persuasion?

#51     Oct 20, 2010