Tea Party GOP Senate Candidate: Evolution is a myth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hermit, Sep 25, 2010.

1. She asked "where in the constitution is the separation of church and state?"

That's actually quite an intelligent question, because it isn't there. The actual phrase originated in a letter from Thomas Jefferson to some concerned church people who were worried about the potential for government intrusion into church matters. Hence, his reassurance that there was separation.

Religious observations at government events were commonplace for most of the country's history. I am quite sure Jefferson would have been astonished at the notion that the First Amendment somehow barred religious expression in schools or government. It was only in the past 40 years or so that anti-Christian bigots in the ACLU and federal judiciary twisted the obvious meaning of the Establishment Clause to justify a cultural purge of religion, particularly Christian religion, from public space.

But then, I'm quite sure you already knew all this and were just playing your tired game of making disingenuous comments to try to delegitimize conservative viewpoints.

#41     Oct 19, 2010
  2. how can someone claim they enjoy science the make a statement that indicates they have spent 0 time studying the subject. to even hint that they believe the earth could be 6000 years old tells me you have never read any science on the subject. there is no reason to be so willfully ignorant in the internet age.

here is work done by a christian geologist on the subject. prove that you really enjoy science and read some of his science:

http://home.entouch.net/dmd/search.htm#appalach1

#42     Oct 19, 2010
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I did NOT say or hint that the world is only 6000 years old non thinker.
    In your unabashed haste to denigrate anyone that doesn't completely and immediately agree with you, or that you arrogantly presume to be religious. Apparently your reading comprehension skills, such as they are, were temporarily unavailable.

I only mentioned the 6K, because some do believe it, as part of a point I was making. The point being I make no claim to know how old the earth is simply because I wasn't around when it appeared/formed.

You are right about one thing, this is not a subject I've spent much time on. I'm not sure we'll ever know the our prehistoric origins with any real detail and certainty and even if we do. I don't think it's going affect my existence much one way or the other. For whatever reason I tend to prefer the science of things that are well known for a proven verifiable fact. I generally let all you Brainiacs argue over the theories.

#43     Oct 19, 2010
  4. I wasn't around when the first plane was created so can't know how it came into being. I think it was when large birds mated.

#44     Oct 19, 2010
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

That is a ridiculous comparison. There were plenty of other people who were around and witnessed it first hand. They even took photos and movies.

#45     Oct 20, 2010
    #46     Oct 20, 2010
  7. The photos were put here by God to fool us about the birds. Plus we haven't seen any transitional planes -- you expect me to believe that a Cessna is similar to an Airbus A380? Anyway, the photos could be faked. I wasn't here, so I don't know.

Sorry. You can't convince me without evidence, and you have no true evidence.

Bye!

#47     Oct 20, 2010
  8. I thought you didn't believe in intelligent design. A cessna didn't somehow morph into an airbus by accident or mutation. And of course we have detailed records of all the transistional planes from the Wright Brothers on.

You do better when you are quoting misleading stats that no one else has the time or interest to pore over.

#48     Oct 20, 2010
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Really? Boeing 757, 767, 777.
    Yes and no. They are different but fly for exactly the same reasons.
    Possibly, another right wing conspiracy that's all Bush's fault perhaps?
    Your "argument" is even more absurd than your first one. Maybe you should stick to MMGW and defending liberalism. At least there we expect this sort of thing.

#49     Oct 20, 2010
  10. Eight

Eight

Not at all, it's fantasy land for sure... if somebody creates a universe and has their methods peer reviewed, that would be science... if somebody observed and recorded the creation of this universe, that would be science... using a lot of circular reasoning and piling on a lot of pseudo science does not make it science... I've examined the underpinnings of Evolution, examined the evidence that very directly contradicts the theory [it's massive] and concluded that "Creation by Evolution" is just about the biggest joke ever perpetrated... all it does is serve to remind me of just how stupid and evil this world really is..

#50     Oct 20, 2010