Tea Party "dying on the wrong hill"?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ricter, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Eight

Eight

That's just the feds, the budget for the entire US public sector [paid by taxes] is about 50% of GNP. We must be about at the breaking point where the taxation rate kills off the taxpayer...

#31     Jul 31, 2011
  2. Wallet

Wallet

+1

#32     Jul 31, 2011
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I would like Ricter to answer. I asked sincerely with respect. The question deserves an answer.

Personally if I believe something I have no reluctance to state that belief if asked. I don't duck for cover, dodge or obfuscate.

I believe the government should not control such a high percentage of the productivity of this country. It doesn't align with American ideals that the country was founded on. If that lands me on somebody's ignore list that is completely appropriate.

#33     Jul 31, 2011
  4. Indeed. The government will spend every cent it has at its disposal. A lot of it will go to bureaucratic waste. With such high job security at the government a huge percentage of the money would not go to good use. Let the citizen keep more of their money and invest it within their own community. It makes no sense routing money from your home to the fed then back to the original community when you can just go directly from the individual to the community.

#34     Aug 1, 2011
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

+1

The following is proven over and over: Reduce taxation rates and tax revenue increases. It is indisputable. Why would the Dems be so willing to ignore that fact?

I think the reason is that they want income redistribution. Obama said that himself quite literally.

#35     Aug 1, 2011