Tea Party "dying on the wrong hill"?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ricter, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

People here who read the article can at least question the assumption that interest rates will always be so low. Without having read even that far through the article, much less the whole piece, your opinion is worse than useless, it repeats (what could be) misunderstanding, thus reinforcing it.

Stick to your pictures!

#21     Jul 30, 2011
  2. Max E.

Max E.

If you read an article that started out by saying 2+2 is 7 would you have your mind made up as it pertained to the validity of the article?

#22     Jul 30, 2011
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I missed that.

Are you being flippant or do your really believe in communism?

I'm not demeaning you and not trying to be offensive. I've read your posts and I'm thinking about what you've written. I've read that you are a somewhat successful capitalist. How does that square with communism?

#23     Jul 30, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

He's also in the oil industry and he's a fervent man mad GW zealot as well. Ricter is the epitome of hypocrisy.

#24     Jul 30, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

#25     Jul 30, 2011
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol, a couple of thousand words delivered right there eheh.

#26     Jul 30, 2011
  7. Exactly right.

The Tea Party is saying, this stops here. That's why the traditional republicans can't understand their reasoning. Guys like McCain are incredulous. We're getting a good deal, they say. Why not get on board? The Tea Party guys are trying to say, because we don't want a seat on this train. They'd prefer it to just stop, but if they have to derail it, they're willing to.

#27     Jul 30, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

There was a joke once among mathematicians like that.

1+1>2
    (for large instances of one)

You wouldn't get the joke if you didn't read the whole thing.

#28     Jul 30, 2011
  9. Arnie

Arnie

Rates will go up, crisis or not. When rates do go up, and they will, they will go up higher and faster than anyone thinks possible right now. The Fed has 2 mandates.....employment and inflation. They can't fight both ALL THE TIME. And when inflation takes hold, which it will, the Fed will have to choose and they will choose to fight inflation. They can't walk away from that, and they can rightfully make the argument that employment is more linked to fiscal policy than monetary policy. And they have nothing to do with the former.

I've moved a substantial amount of $$ into TIP over the past month.

#29     Jul 31, 2011
  10. look the USA has a net worth of $56 trillion, were hardly broke, not even close, there isnt one person on this site who doesnt have a good working relationship with numbers. gotta take granddaughters to chuck e cheese, gotta pump up the economy, good luck this week ladies and gentlemen, may you profit handsomely.

#30     Jul 31, 2011