TDAmeritrade & Reserve Primary saga

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by omegapoint, Sep 23, 2008.

1. i wish i put my life savings in auction rate's wasnt everyone made whole also? it was a hairy 6 months, but every person got there money back? am i wrong? did you see some of the resets? 10+% for AAA bonds, so they got paid to wait also. i saw some ARS today investment grade yielding 15%, i was thinking of getting involved

#11     Sep 24, 2008
  2. No, everyone wasnt made whole, and there are many diff types of arps.

#12     Sep 24, 2008
  3. who was not made whole? i know some companies and businesses where not. but other the that the AG got everyone to refund.

#13     Sep 24, 2008
  4. Catoosa

Catoosa

I so far have received only 25% of my capital that I have in the ARPS market. I may never see the balance. I can thank UBS for getting me into the ARPS. I also had money in the Primary Reserve Fund but got that money out prior to the default.

#14     Sep 24, 2008

5. One 78 year old lady in Kansas still has a $100 arp she cant unload.

#15     Sep 25, 2008

6. why may u never see the balance if you invested with UBS? looks to me you are getting your money back. sorry you have not yet., but at least that saved you from investing in some crap recently

UBS 18.50, -0.30, -1.6%) will offer to buy back $8.3 billion in securities from private clients for two years starting Jan. 1, 2009 and $10.3 billion from institutional investors starting June 2010. The move is covered in a settlement with the New York Attorney General, the Massachusetts Securities Division and the Securities and Exchange Commission.

#16     Sep 25, 2008
  7. if UBS is a fruit stand before then, you wont get a dime. a few apples and lemons though

#17     Sep 25, 2008
  8. no, your right. UBS may be too big to fail, but other smaller companies may not be, and if some people own that crap, they may not get paid back. i guess we will see.
    anyone not settle with the AG? I think GS didint

#18     Sep 25, 2008
  9. Catoosa

Catoosa

As of 9-24-08, for the private investors in the remaining states, UBS has done nothing, made not commitment, and entered into no agreement. So far it is only talk as investors statute of limitations slip away for filing a law suit. UBS is a Swiss bank and the Swiss do not give anything back that they do not have to and that includes the gold out of peoples teeth.

#19     Sep 25, 2008

10. since this is securities law, aren't they under supervision of the NY AG? And any settlement that goes form NY goes for everyone?
    i cant see UBS getting sued 50x. Or why wasn't some of the Elliot Spritzer lawsuits copied by other State AG's?

#20     Sep 25, 2008