TDAmeritrade down again this morning. I am so upset

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by freewilly, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Why not keep a stop under it at all times?

#11     Oct 3, 2011

2. that is not a good work around.

besides, how would you know if you got stopped out or not if the system is down?

#12     Oct 3, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

IB would charge $50 to trade 10k shares, TDA is 6.95 or 7.95. That's a pretty big difference.

#13     Oct 3, 2011
  4. hajimow

hajimow

IB's linear commission rate make you think twice when jumping with both feet into a trade because you just want to pay $7 commission. You will benefit from IB in the long run.

#14     Oct 3, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'm not saying one is better then the other. I was just answering the other posters question. There are a lot of people who daytrade from home low priced stocks and the all in rate makes a big difference.

#15     Oct 3, 2011
  6. How expensive is it to trade 10000 shares at a broker that, say, sends most of your orders to sit at NITE?

#16     Oct 9, 2011
  7. digg1980

digg1980

Lol, I don't blame you on being upset with TD Ameritrade specially with the fees they are charging you for such a service. Maybe you should check out OptionsXpress which is much better on fees and services. Check out how they compare at: OptionsXpress Broker vs TD Ameritrade

In my experience OptionsXpress has always offered me a better service at a much cheaper rate. If you desire to pay a bit higher, then E-Trade will be another good option, but they are a bit more expensive than OptionsXpress.

Good luck & happy stock trading.

#17     Nov 18, 2011