TD SPX Exchange fees

Discussion in 'Options' started by FSU, Dec 9, 2019.

1. FSU

FSU

Just got an email from TD. They will start charging exchange fees up to .65 a contract for SPX options starting Jan 2, along with a few other index options such as the VIX, OEX, XEO, RUT.

This had been a place where TD was cheaper than anyone, as their commissions were "all in". No more.

Here is their new "add on" rates.
    https://www.tdameritrade.com/retail-en_us/resources/pdf/TDA4075.pdf

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  2. I got same msg from TDA last week.
    So, the recent move to lower "commissions" for those of us trading SPX is turning into appx "double your commissions/fees"!

We may need to "role up our sleeves" for more commission negotiations again!
    Or re-evaluate lower commission brokers again for SPX option trading!
    I began the process last week and expect some relief, but do not expect to achieve "pre-commission reduction" rate on SPX options.

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. %%
    Must be easier for even a big brokerage to lose money with options?? IBKR got out of that market making business, some time ago also...................................................................

4. Sig

Sig

Schwab still just charges $.65 per option plus a de minimis "exchange processing fee" of something like 1.7 cents per option, so interesting to see what emerges from the merger.

5. Agree! I expect we are only seeing the initial "ripples" for their (TDA & Schwab) merger, as my notifications occurred only a a small number of accounts so far.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. Adam777

Adam777

Hopefully Australian residents will have access to the TDA software due to this merger. Schwab is in Australia, but TDA won't open accounts for us guys.