TD Ameritrade

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tdadlani, Aug 28, 2008.

1. empee

empee

ameritrade will do $5, just ask for the same pricing as their izone affiliate.

#11     Aug 29, 2008
  2. Does anyone know how there stocks fills are?

#12     Oct 13, 2008
  3. Truff

Truff

Ray, how do you trade stocks through TD Ameritrade and futures with zen fire at the same time, on the same platform?

#13     Oct 13, 2008
  4. m22au

m22au

Schwab pricing starts today $8.95 (max 10,000 shares)

Some quotes from the Yahoo board for AMTD:

I have heard you can negotiate lower commission rates at AMTD if you are an active trader. Is anyone here paying less than the usual $9.95? If so, what are your rates? Do not include any free trades you get due to web outages or customer service hiccups.

my fee is 8 per trade what s yours

$8 flat rate for internet, phone and broker trades? That is the best overall rate I know of.

If you just do internet trades they will match Scott Trade's $7 online commission if you threaten to move.

How sleazy, the $9.99 quoted rate is smoke and mirrors, Schwab at $8.95 will cause ALOT more negotiating. Get some kneepads you Ameritraders, you're going to have to BEG for a better rate.

i get 8 dollars too.

Hewhaa,

I am an active trader in Ameritrades Apex Group. My commission rate is $7.00 per trade.

Over the last 5 - 6 years I have regularly asked my various account reps to match competitors rates (ie Scottrade, etal) or else lose my business. Each time they comply.

When they were charging $10.95 per trade, I was paying $9.95. When they lowered all commission rates by a dollar to $9.95, I asked my account rep to further lower my rate by a dollar to $8.95. Finally, they lowered my commission rate to $7 when I complained about their website not accepting trades for Direxion ETF's (ies FAS/FAZ). Each time I tell them in a respectful and professional manner that I've already opened a Scottrade account, and that I don't want to leave Ameritrade, but will if necessary.

The key is to develop a relationship with your account rep over time.

Also, they've lowered my margin rates to the most competive rates offered by Ameritrade. This was 5 - 6 years ago, when I complained how high my margin interest was.

Lastly, about 8 years ago, Ameritrade sent me a free wireless keyboard for the holidays. This was selling for about $180 at the time on Dell.com. At the time, everything was "wired", so the gift was "very cool".

Ameritrade clearly goes that extra mile for their best customers, and thats what I love about them. Very customer-oriented. The service reps in Nebraska are extremely professional and courteous. That has been my experience over the last 10 years with Ameritrade.

PS Their Gainskeeper is free and saves me an extraordinary amount of time in preparing my Schedule D.

Best of luck in your negotiations

#14     Jan 19, 2010