Td Ameritrade Think Or Swim Super Dom Simulator

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bwolinsky, Mar 22, 2011.

After reading, does TD Ameritrade Think or Swim Help you learn how to trade?

1. I don't know who TD Ameritrade is

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. I wasn't aware that I was trading paper money at the time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I should have known better than to bet 25 contracts and win in the simulator

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Too many fat crooks tell me they can make money

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. I haven't always had the skills necessary to excel at trading

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. I was once an advisor, now turned home trader

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Think or Swim is obviously a good platform to learn off of

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  8. Najarian should have bought lots of OTM Calls

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. How about a little inside information?

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  10. What was the point of this Poll, I came here to learn how to trade

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 09:40 BWO: Hi, it appears when trading the DOM that I have real time data going into the chart as well as the time and sales windows, but the DOM's data is 20 minute's delayed? Does this sound idiotic or is that not the case?
    09:43 CAS807: hello. usually data is delayed 20 minutes in paper money
    09:43 BWO: It does not appear to be the case. DOM data is behind, and real time data is in real data. This makes for a stupid simulator.
    09:45 CAS807: some places it is real time and others delayed.
    09:45 BWO: So is the DOM data delayed
    09:45 BWO: ?
    09:45 BWO: aren't they all supposed to be delayed? I'm logged in as paper money.
    09:46 CAS807: some feeds are different
    09:48 BWO: Look at it this way. Why the fuck would you put real time data next to a 20 minute delayed simulation dom?
    09:49 BWO: Look at your platform and ask if /QM is trading at the same price.
    09:49 BWO: CHARTS tab specifically
    09:50 CAS807: probably due to cost to get the other feed real-time or it was not easy to get them in sync. Most of the resources go into live trading rather than paper
    09:51 BWO: But you took the time to make a paper trading simulator, and delayed the DOM data, so does this not sound stupid to you?
    09:52 BWO: I'm a CTA, and this is completely ridiculous. But it did give me confidence. You make a paper trading simulator, and guess what, it's not designed correctly.
    09:53 BWO: Can you ask why time and sales and chart is real time and data is delayed in the simulator? I'm trying to point out this is so stupid.

2. I can't believe I only made $5,075:cool:

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

You're a CTA and you're paper trading? Yikes!

4. It was my first time sim trading discretionary. I'm one for automation, but oil's autotrading bot has been short since 88.

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Huh? Do you have AUM?

6. Not for CTA, still at d doc.

7. Oh look, what happened 20 minutes later in my first serious dom excercise.

Now play whose the liar with me because I didn't even notice until I'd traded several round trips.

• doc1.pdf
      File size:
      226.4 KB
      Views:
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dude, listen to me. What are you trying to do? If you want to sim trade futures download ninja trader for FREE and trade on real time data for FREE. And I pray your discretionary futures trading is not part of your CTA strategy. Boy do I pray.

9. I would've termed the conversation as soon as you dropped the first F bomb. You can solve your own tech support problem.

Classy.

10. What are you seriously trying to accomplish?

Your first mistake is trading TDA + DOM. This isn't very legitimate. I am sure the CSA had a grin on his face during this conversation.

#10     Mar 22, 2011