TD Ameritrade Stock Reorganization Fees?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by RangeTrader, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Ummm... What are these fees all about? I didn't even know these existed... When a stock splits you get charged???

"Your account ending in 1469
    Dear Michael *****,

As one of our most valued Apex clients, you receive the highest level of client service, along with additional benefits, such as preferential pricing - including service fee waivers.

We are pleased to inform you that you will not be impacted by an upcoming reorganization fee change that will take effect around September 1, 2012 (the fee for a voluntary or mandatory reorganization will now be $38). This reorganization fee, and all other service fees, will continue to be waived for you.

A reorganization is a financial restructuring of a firm - a stock split, for example. Reorganizations can be mandatory (such as a reverse stock split, in which outstanding shares are combined) or voluntary (such as participation in a tender offer).

You are our top priority
    You are one of our very best clients. We remain fully committed to providing you with a higher level of service, and with the full range of support you need to pursue your goals:

No service fees
    No platform fees
    Free independent objective research
    Free educational resources
    Preferential client service

If you have any questions, or if we can be of any assistance, please log in to your account and click "Message Center" (under Home) to write us. A representative will respond through your Message Center inbox. You can also call Client Services at
    888-871-9007. We're available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and commitment to us.

Sincerely,

TD Ameritrade"

2. 1245

This letter makes no sense. TD is self clearing now and no longer uses Penson. The name of the firm just changed to APEX.

3. I have been an Apex client for three years. It's higher level service they give to their big clients or big traders only.

I don't think it has anything to do with the firm "Apex" or "Pension." Not really sure though... All I know is I have instant customer service. :cool:

4. I'm just waiting for one of these firms to blow up next. ETFC AMTD etc.

It won't take down the firm, but will result in massive losses by clients due to some massive system error.

5. 1245

Can you show me a link to their website or do you have their CRD# with FINRA? You can't have two brokers in the US with the same name. FINRA does not allow it.

6. GTS

GTS

Apex isn't the broker name, its a elevated level of service for customers with a certain level of assets or trading activity: https://www.tdameritrade.com/trade/apex.html

7. These firms are rock solid and also insured... I have no qualms about going past the insurance limit with a broker like TD Ameritrade.

People that try to spread their money out over multiple brokerages to keep their money under the insurance limit are scared idiots IMO...

8. No, I'm talking about the systems and the people running them.

9. They only charge you if you are NOT an Apex client.