TD Ameritrade starting to get it right

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by eldorado1, Dec 12, 2011.

1. I use Ninja trader with IB "snap-shot" data feed, and often have missed ticks on high/low of minutes bar, but when I checked ToS minutes bar, they do not have missed ticks, I am just wondering if there is difference between IB and ToS "snap-shot" data.

I have "referenced" the TD Ameritrade and ToS "snap-shot" data-feeds vs a Level One "IQ-Feed" quote feed from DTN and the difference is downright alarming.

#21     Dec 27, 2011
  2. Beyond the possible datafeed issues, the commissions TDA offers are downright cost prohibitive if you're scalping or day trading. No worries; there are better platforms for that.

For options trading though, I couldn't ask for better. I dumped OptionsHouse to stay with TDA, even though OH's commissions are better. ToS for complex options modeling is worth the extra cost.

#22     Dec 27, 2011
  3. Not sure what the fuss is either.

I think we must have hundreds of ET members that trade 100 million shares a month for .00001 cents net profit/share, and to them the tick feed has to be there, or they can lose a months profit in 2 seconds.

#23     Dec 28, 2011