TD Ameritrade: not ure typical mom & pop boiler-room, or is it?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by saliva, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Jerry,

What (if anything) do you make of the fact that TD Waterhouse is in the midst of launching a "completely re-vamped version of their website" ? This will happen on June 27th.

It just seems odd that they would (or, might) scrap all that...as a consequence of the Ameritrade merger.

Any thoughts ?

skyfisherrman

#11     Jun 23, 2005
  2. The two companies are going to continue to be totally separate for at least 6 months, and the sites are not likely to be merged for at least 9 to 12 months (conservative estimate). So I do not think the work is to be scrapped.

I don't follow TDW stuff much except when they change something that screws up QuoteTracker. I found them to be very set in their ways, with a NIH mindset. I am glad that Ameritrade is buying them - thats a good thing for TDW clients.

Jerry Medved
    http://www.quotetracker.com

#12     Jun 23, 2005
  3. Just like the ad says. "Execution?" Had to let him go. A bit too serious and defninitely too expensive.

Why spend money on infrastructure when you can put IT on life support instead and use the money for bigger bonuses. Most dopes won't know the difference anyway.

The money could be better spent on expensive ads that run a couple of times an hour on cnbc.

#13     Jun 23, 2005
  4. Jerry,

Thanks for the reply.

skyfisherman

#14     Jun 23, 2005
  5. I heard that there has been a large defection among the Freetrade acolytes when Ameritrade scrapped it for Izone. Well, kudos to those who had foresight. Being ever the dumbass, I lingered on in my own delusion (just hoping & praying that the 'A'-hole crackpots wouldn't jeopardize the el-cheapo commission structure--albeit a literally rudimentary services). My ass is now on fire, so I toast my last token of comic disbelief as I head for the exit: you better be prepared for a real refugee crisis this time around.:eek: :eek:

#15     Jun 23, 2005