TD ameritrade is garbage

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by tdatspectral, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Wrong on ALL counts Mr. Basher.

TD Ameritrade is now offering the "Think or Swim" platform on the Ameritrade website.
    They are direct access. So is Quotetracker via AMTD.
    :p

#21     Jul 16, 2009
  2. TGregg

TGregg

That's interesting. I didn't know that Florida Road Runner offered T1. Pretty nice of them to string fiber to your house. Does the phone company know they did that?

#22     Jul 16, 2009
  3. This is important. Correct me if I am wrong: TDAmeritrade is NOT direct access broker, they route customers' orders to their own market makers.

We have to make a difference between direct access brokers and blood-sucking brokers who route orders to their own market makers for a fee or, even worse, front run their customers' orders.

Traders should devote all their time and effort to learning how to trade, not to avoiding blood-sucking brokers.

#23     Jul 16, 2009
  4. Catoosa

Catoosa

I think TDAT routs orders to market makers that pay for order flow only when that market maker is at the best price. Most all brokers work that way. I have found TDAT order fills to be fast and fair but the order entry platform is way behind what is offered by many other brokers. Maybe the TOS order entry platform will be a change for the better.

#24     Jul 16, 2009
  5. birdman

birdman

there are no perfect brokers, but Ameritrade has been very good for me.

#25     Jul 18, 2009
  6. Before people open up their pie-hole to throw "dirt" at TD Ameritrade, they might want to consider the fact that TDA is very good on limit order price improvement compared to the rest of the industry.

http://www.tdameritrade.com/trade/orderexecution/priceimprovement.html

There is also another thread around here citing just how good ToS is on order improvement given that they scan for hidden liquidity via "ATD" ( Automatic Trading Desk ).

I believe that TD Ameritrade uses the same order routing to "ATD".

#26     Jul 19, 2009
  7. Same here and I love em! I trade all day every day with them for 11 years now and have no problems.

#27     Jul 19, 2009
  8. You are a poor liar. There was no TDAmeritrade 11 years ago. (Where were you 11 years ago? fifth grade?)

And don't tell me you trade all day every day including Saturdays and Sundays.

#28     Jul 19, 2009
  9. zdreg

zdreg

u should also disclose that u receive a special negotiated deal with amtd.

#29     Jul 19, 2009
  10. zdreg

zdreg

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/sto... some $456 million for the faulty securities.

#30     Jul 20, 2009