TD ameritrade is garbage

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by tdatspectral, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Looking back over his previous posts, the OP is a "newbie" that is supposedly having problems with AMTD's Command Center. My guess is that his computer specs ( RAM, microprocessor, L2 cache, etc.) simply aren't up to the task of today's trading environment.

Furthermore, why would anyone NOT be using Quotetracker if they were an Ameritrade client???

But hey, leave it to a guy to make such a post with the flashy bashing headline on ET before first checking his own hardware and broadband resources.

Doesn't make any sense, unless of course your only motive is to "bash".
    Hmmmmmm.

#11     Feb 19, 2009
  2. ...assuming that 'tdatspectral' stands for TD Ameritrade Spectral, this guy may end up having to change more than just his broker... :D

#12     Feb 19, 2009
  3. Original Poster,

I had the same problem, Command Center is a complete piece of shiit, DO NOT USE IT.

INSTEAD, use QuoteTracker ( its AWESOME !) , its better since its installed on your computer, not streamed with stupid Java software that lags, the charts are amazing and very customizable also, that was my problem, and once I converted to QuouteTracker, everything is perfect, no freezes/slowdown/ nothing.

StrategyDesk is "ok" but freezes sometimes too.

www.quotetracker.com selected the TD Ameritrade Client...and youre good to go.

#13     Feb 19, 2009
  4. Is there a way in Quotetracker to show tick-by-tick charts of bid, ask, and trades, as do the little pop-up charts in Streamer and Command Center?

#14     Feb 21, 2009
  5. The charting application in QUOTETRACKER is VERY powerful and filled with all sorts of technical studies and features.

All I can say is try it.

You will be so blown away by the kind of VALUE that it offers - - - especially compared to such pricey and inconsistent platforms offered by E-Signal and Realtick.

:)

#15     Feb 21, 2009
  6. Catoosa

Catoosa

I can get RealTick for free, but I choose to use QuoteTracker. Ameritrade is making some very smart acquisitions.

#16     Feb 22, 2009
  7. bob5e

bob5e Guest

All I can say is that the TD Ameritrade datatfeed to Quotetracker is terrible. Very unreliable and backfilling is incomplete not to mention the Level II quotes that are unavailable at many times of the day.

I like Quotetracker but need a better datafeed. If I'm going to have to pay $54 for IQfeed, then I might as well go back to Tradestation and get a superior platform compared to QT.

Good to know that something works with QT . . definitely not TD Ameritrade. Guess you get what you pay for . .

#17     May 21, 2009
  8. dude, been using QT daily for , I can't even remember, 6 ,7 years.

long before they were bought out.

#18     May 21, 2009
  9. I call BS on your first post on Elitetrader.
    You are obviously posting simply to BASH TD Ameritrade, who I might add just rolled-out the "ThinkorSwim" platform to its clients.

Are you going to tell me that "ThinkorSwim" is the worst platform that you have ever used too?

How about Quotetracker with TD Ameritrade? Is that garbage too?
    Most people here on ET that have used the above combination would beg to differ. They LOVE using Quotetracker with Ameritrade, especially with the DTN "IQ-Feed".

#19     Jul 16, 2009
  10. They still get there data from a quote bank. Very archaic and locks up during high volume days. Couldn't take it anymore and had to go elsewhere. Couldn't agree more.

#20     Jul 16, 2009