TD Ameritrade Held Me Hostage In a Bad Trade- Where to go now?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by lbhere, Jan 30, 2020.

1. qlai

qlai

Hope you get some favorable resolution, but I think you got to accept these things as part of business. Sh*t happens all the time and many times it's outside anyone's control - like power or internet outage. Trade small while you learn, join prop once you are ready. Keep your own money in a safe place. I don't see any other way around this kind of risks. Sucks for sure.

BTW, I'm not really understanding why they asked MM to break the trade. The trade happened but the confirmation was either sent late by MM (unlikely) or not handled in time by TD(more likely). I don't think customer support would know the real reason(or if they knew, wouldn't tell you anyway). By the time it gets to customer support or management it's something like this - "After a thorough investigation, it was determined that the system had reached capacity resulting in messages being delayed for up to 2 minutes. Request was submitted last year for system upgrade but has not yet been approved."

#41     Feb 3, 2020
    lbhere and murray t turtle like this.
  2. TommyR

TommyR

somali pirates came and raped and killed my wife and took all my money. they said they left me alive so i could tell the neighbours. my message is the following: it's all part of life , being raped by somali pirates, move on shit happens, but it sure does suck

#42     Feb 4, 2020
    lbhere likes this.
  3. TommyR

TommyR

this is not the right attitude. you will encourage somali pirates taking this approach

#43     Feb 4, 2020
    GregorySG9 likes this.
  4. TommyR

TommyR

not to mention trade support would contact trade management so im confused why it wouldnt be a confirmations issue. when the vietcom used to do this sort of thing in the torture camps, we had to start doing far worse to their prisoners.

#44     Feb 4, 2020
  5. lbhere

lbhere

Thanks, all. I am moving on now. Lesson learned. You always remember your first time. lol

#45     Feb 4, 2020