TD Ameritrade Held Me Hostage In a Bad Trade- Where to go now?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by lbhere, Jan 30, 2020.

1. zdreg

zdreg

They are crappy, but they are smart people by selling the firm. Of course the deal may not get done in this environment.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    #21     Jan 30, 2020
  2. lindq

lindq

However, as fast as IB's TWS is at confirmations and updating, you will find that their customer service stinks. So don't expect miracles on that end.

#22     Jan 30, 2020
  3. zdreg

zdreg

Correct. Technology is not perfect There are numerous places when orders are executed for something to go wrong, including the market maker not sending execution reports back immediately.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    #23     Jan 30, 2020
  4. zdreg

zdreg

You have the wrong attitude. If you are stressed out over a situation which is done with you need to look at how to control your emotions. Look at your situation as an opportunity to find a better trading platform to make more profits in the future.

#24     Jan 30, 2020
    frostee likes this.
  5. lbhere

lbhere

Thank you. It is not that I am stressed so much about the loss, as much as a fear now of the same thing happening again. So, yes, I am looking into IBKR and Lightspeed at the moment. But then I will need to learn another platform.

But I appreciate your bright spin. It is just a fresh wound still.

Please look at my next post. Someone else posted the issue on Youtube already!

#25     Jan 30, 2020
  6. lbhere

lbhere

Here is my issue in its entirety. Not my post. But same thing was happening to me on the same day. In fact, this is the second time it has happened to me. But the first time it resolved rather quickly and did not really affect my P/L. Monday was the second time, and now I am changing brokers.

#26     Jan 30, 2020
  7. comagnum

comagnum

Always a good idea to use a bracketed order so that you have a stop loss from the instant the order is filled, you can always adjust it once you get filled.

#27     Jan 30, 2020
    S-Trader likes this.
  8. samuel11

samuel11

I noticed too an increase in execution issues with TD recently.

I double traded once because the app never showed that the order had been filled until 5 min later

#28     Jan 30, 2020
    lbhere likes this.
  9. lbhere

lbhere

I do usually. But then there are issues with closing if you have the bracketed orders up on the screen. So, before I noticed the issue, I had already deleted the bracketed orders (one above and one below) to get out sooner.

#29     Jan 30, 2020
  10. This is exactly why I left retail

#30     Jan 31, 2020
    lbhere likes this.