TD ameritrade down again for me

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by freewilly, May 7, 2009.

1. Strategy desk had some issues with the pre 10am automated trades yesterday. It worked great today. Hopefully the issues are fixed.

#21     May 8, 2009
  2. If options are important to you, be aware that TD-Amer is expensive, $10 + 0.75 per option for execution, and a $20 charge if the option expires intrinsic (OTM expiries are free). And they aren't willing to negotiate the $10 + 0.75 rate, even for substantial accounts (I tried today).

#22     May 8, 2009
  3. xyannix

xyannix

I switched to IB after 6 months day trading and now I cannot even trade on Ameritrades platform it is way too slow.

Just the commissions alone I saved tens of thousands a year. (I was paying TD $5 a trade)

The learning curve to get use too IB took me a couple of weeks but now I can get into a trade in under 2 seconds.

With IB you can also trade futures which is great. It opens up a whole new world of trading.

#23     May 17, 2009
  4. Well, I am totally opposite. I switched from IB to Td AMERITRADE. IB is way too expensive for people who have some sizes.

IB is $0.005/share, if you want to buy $10K share, that's $50 one way.

I sometimes by 100K shares or more, that's $500 one way for IB.

$10K share is really not much if you play C, BAC,LVS, DRYS, etc.

#24     May 17, 2009
  5. I find TD executes OK when its computer isn't malfunctioning. This happens too frequently though considering the size of the company. TD has a lot of rules for trading that you don't find out about until you lose $'s trying to do something new. One thing that particularly bugs me is that they don't guarantee submission before opening of trades submitted between 09:28 and 09:30 .

The plus for TD is that they're totally solvent and your account per se is safe.

#25     May 18, 2009
  6. How can they, or any broker, "guarantee" there will never be failures or slowdowns anywhere along the daisy-chain of servers involved in pushing orders into the exchange(s)?

Have you had problems with orders entered just before 9:30 at TD? I haven't.

#26     May 19, 2009
  7. JPope

JPope

I do not have an overly substantial account, and I renegotiated my rate down to $7...

#27     Jun 5, 2009
  8. What's "$7" -- total per ticket, or $7 + per-option fee?

#28     Jun 8, 2009
  9. annsilver

annsilver

I am looking for cases of fraud with TD Ameritrade whether it be problems shorting their stocks to money being transferred out of your account or other compromising transactions. I work with a group who has been fighting white collar crime for 4 years now and have uncovered problems with this company. We have a high profile NYC newspaper reporter prepared to write an article about TD Ameritrade followed by a book. The goal of these articles are to make trading safer for consumers. I'm really looking forward to hearing from you!
    ann.silver@live.com

#29     Mar 4, 2010
  10. Ummm, there's a nutritionist http://www.annsilverrd.com/ and an artist http://www.deafart.org/Biographies/Ann_Silver/ann_silver.html and a physiologist https://www.ucl.ac.uk/histmed/audio/neuroscience/silver ... are you any of those?

Some clear, verifiable biographic info about yourself would probably encourage replies to your request.

#30     Mar 5, 2010