TD Ameritrade and Quotetracker Alternative

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Ticked, Jun 11, 2010.

1. this sucks

I doubt anyone there is going to be able to support QT properly as its probably a mess of spaghetti code by now, as old as it is.

I think Ameritrade made a big mistake.

#11     Jun 13, 2010
  2. Yep.....Ameritrade made a big mistake. Thanks for all the good work and time you put into Quotetracker , Jerry.

#12     Jun 13, 2010
  3. This seems to be a repeating pattern - big financial company takes over a small outfit with good service and/or product and turns it to shit for customers.
    I have seen TOS complaints after their takeover, CyberTrader (not great, but better before Schwab got it), and now QT.

It almost seems like these bigger companies want to hose whatever might be helpful, however small, to the retail crowd.

#13     Jun 13, 2010
  4. Jerry and his brother were the engine that made Quote Tracker go.Now that the BL(bottom line) and bean counter geniuses have taken over....
    its only a matter of time i'll be looking for a new data source
    cheers
    john

#14     Jun 13, 2010
  5. #15     Jun 13, 2010
  6. DDK89429

DDK89429

I'll be looking into Think or Swim now that the QT TD partnership is over.
    Anyone here use them? I know they were brought by TDA, reading recent post by members has given me the impression that TOS is headed for the crapper as well.

Thanks...ddk

#16     Jun 13, 2010
  7. Catoosa

Catoosa

I have been trading since 1972 and have been through these game changing events many times. I expect the same thing to happen with Interactive Brokers if Peterffy sell and leaves. Seldom can a great company or service continue without the person who created the greatness.

I hope Jerry Medved has a short time anti-compete contract and will start another QT like service.

I expect TDAT to make many changes. I expect in time QT will only support clients with TDAT accounts utilizing only data provided or obtained through TDAT.

#17     Jun 13, 2010
  8. Ticked

Ticked

Thanks Leighais!

#18     Jun 21, 2010
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Wonder why MotiveWave won't tell how much it is going to cost? Hmm... I'm leery of these types. Download for free now and we'll tell you later? I don't think so.

#19     Jun 21, 2010
  10. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

In 2010, MotiveWave was in beta and available for free beta testing by everyone for a year to get user feedback to make the product better and to help finalize what we would release as purchasable products.

We released our line up of products in early 2011 with full pricing and product information on our website. You can see our product lineup on our Compare Editions page.

We have continued to invest in our products since then and we now offer a full-featured professional trading platform with everything you would expect in a trading platform and more.

#20     Mar 27, 2018