TCI Corp. Trading system

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TonySanDiego, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Has anyone ever used (heard of even) TCI Corp.

They came down to the San Diego DaytradersUSA meeting Saturday and gave a presentation.

It was very interesting.

Their system gives "go LONG or go SHORT" signals in almost anything that can be traded.

Just wondering if it is the money maker they claim.

It sure is profitable in the backtesting, but then so am I in hindsight.

I may subscribe for a month just to play around with the various settings and see how it does.

Thanks,

2. rickty

rickty

I may subscribe for a month ...

Tony,
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, for
    you to subscribe for a month you need to:
    1) Attend a two day course for which you will be charged $6,000,
    2) You then can lease the system for $250/month.
    This is certainly a high hurdle, just to try the system out.
    Also, extra costs to consider are the Real Tick data feed (which appears to be their prefered data provider) which
    I believe goes for $160/month.

If you have some further experience with them, good or bad,
    please keep us informed.

Richard

3. Richard,

I didn't hear that part, if it is true.

That, of course, would completely negate any ideas I have of trying them out.

They are closed today so I can't verify.

But if there is not a requirement, I am still pretty curious as to how it all works.

Anybody else ???

Thanks,

4. oolarinm

oolarinm

Snake oil !!!! If it is that good a system it will not be available to the public . They will just use it to trade for very rich people that will pay them handsomely. Belive me i know

5. Yannis

Yannis

I have taken their course in June 2000 and have used their system ever since.

It is excellent, and so is their newer software system TSA. In my experience, the trades posted at their site are represented very honestly.

TSA costs $250/month if you have taken the course and something more (I think $300/month) if you haven't.

Yes, you also need RTIII to run TSA.

Hope this helps :)

6. Yannis1,

Thanks for the info. As with everything... opinions seem to vary.

If I can try it a month or so... then I will know whether it is any good for me.

I'm gonna contact them today.

I couldn't follow any system and trade any worse than I did today.

7. oolarinm

oolarinm

I couldn't find any trades posted at their site are you sure it is the same TCI

8. Yannis

Yannis

oolarimm,

The data is there, but, as I confirmed, you need the password that gets you past their "members" gate (on the left side of the www.tcicorp.net home page.) You will probably need to call them and ask to be allowed in - there's a plethora of data posted inside, every trade, several years.

Yannis