TC2000 users please read

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by the_dude, Feb 8, 2002.

1. La Salle

La Salle

I need to learnwhich listed equities are NOT available from TC2000, and was instructed by them to learn from a Yahoo chatroom...can anyone in "EliteTrader-land" meet my needs?

#11     Feb 12, 2002
  2. Hi,

maybe you want to try an alternative to TC2000? I demo'ed TC2k some tie ago and was a little unhappy with it's lack of flexibility, especially for stock scanning.

I am currently demoing QuotesPlus and am very impressed. The scans are totally programmable, the charting is not worse than TC2K (IMHO) and I even got sensible technical support. The data quality seems to be excellent, I heard that from someone who uses it for more than a year.

Also, the data is ont as expensive as TC2k, it's only 25$ a month. And I have not gotten any spam from QP or someone else to the mail adress I gave them.

Maybe you want to check www.spammotel.com? They let you create unique mail adresses so you can track who sold your adress - and you can turn the adresses off selectively so you can't be spammed.

The QP demo can be ordered from www.qp2.com, AFAIR.

Ciao
    Wonko

#12     Feb 12, 2002
  3. I bit the bullet and ordered it. :)

If I get junk mail from ratboy Larry Williams, you bastards are gonna PAY!!! heh heh just kidding.

Thanks

-dude

PS - that other one looks pretty cool too. maybe i'll try the 19 day trial.

#13     Feb 13, 2002
  4. Can anyone here tell me if you can code the following TD rules into TC2000? I want to created a sort to generate a buy and sell setup list each day using sequential but right now have no way of doing it as I don't have tradestation, I do however have an old copy of tc2000, just want to make sure it will work before I get it turned back on.

Can TD Sequential Setup's be coded? If anyone has the code, please post, or if it can be built, I will try and post it myself. :)

Thanks.

Thomas DeMark's Sequential (tm) System

Basically the criteria are as enumerated below, however, to appreciate the rational and nuances you are urged to read Ch. 7 of his book. The system is divided into three distinct stages, A. Set up, B. Count Down, and C. Entry.

A. Set Up Criteria

1. For a Buy signal. Nine consecutive daily price closes which are lower than the close four days earlier.

For a Sell signal. Nine consecutive daily price closes which are higher than the closes four days earlier.

2. An Absolute Prerequisite

The day prior to the first day of a nine consecutive set up sequence must:

for a buy signal have a close higher than or equal to the close four days earlier,

for a sell signal have a close lower than or equal to the close four days earlier.

B. Count Down

For a buy signal, following the successful completion of the count down we wait for thirteen closes which are lower than the close two days earlier (not consecutive, in fact extremely unlikely to be so).

For a sell signal, after successful set up, wait for thirteen closes which are higher than the close two days earlier.

C. Entry

On successful completion of set up and count down we now have a choice:

a) Enter on the close of the day that the count down is completed, i.e. the close of the thirteenth defined close. This is the most aggressive and highest risk entry but most closely approximates the exact high or low of the trend about to be reversed. However, it is the entry most likely to be whipsawed if the Sequential fails.

Entry after reversal

b) On a close higher for a buy (lower for a sell) than a close four days earlier after the count down has been concluded, i.e. post reversal.

c) On a close higher for a buy (lower for a sell) than the high (low) two days earlier after conclusion of the count down, i.e. a compromise between a) and b).

#14     May 22, 2003
  5. Hope it works for you. I've been a subscriber for about two years now and other than the occassional TC2000 mail, I have not had any trouble with junk mail from them. I also use the TCNet! :)

#15     May 22, 2003
  6. CWU

CWU

#16     May 22, 2003
  7. #17     May 22, 2003
  8. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

#18     May 22, 2003
  9. Tea

Tea

I used the end of day package from the Worden Brothers 10 years ago.

They put me on their mailing list and would send me junk mail nearly every week. I guess they thought they would mail me into submission.

No way would I give these guys any email or addresses (unless hotmail etc.)

Their software was ok for its time, but their marketing department is world class annoying - maybe Bruce Gould comes in second in the junk mail dept.

#19     May 22, 2003
  10. FinStat

FinStat

have used tc2000 for six months and have never received junk mail.

#20     May 25, 2003