TC2000 Reviews/Feedback - Charting Software for Equities

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by damoonrulz1, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Any users of TC2000 (the charting system not for Brokerage) on here wish to share their thoughts?
    Uses would be basic technical/charting and end of day scanning for stocks only.

I looked on their the user forum for some current customer feedback but it appears it is read only / not updated.

2. I'm a user from way back in the late 90's. I use it because there are some market indicators that I can't get elsewhere. I also like the Easy Scan feature to scan for stocks, although honestly I don't trade individual stocks that much. Otherwise, from a pure charting perspective, I prefer Think or Swim, but I use a lot of custom indicators and it's a bit easier to code indicators in that platform. Try it for a month and see what you think.

3. hughb

hughb

I'm a user from back in the 90's, too. Lately, some of the system criteria has stopped updating. (Not my personal criteria.) The Price Growth Rate hasn't updated since 06/03. Can you check your's and see if you have the same problem? I've contacted their online chat and their Facebook page but I'm not getting any responses.

4. I think TC 2000´s easyscan runs much faster as the tos scanners. I noticed several times that some stocks which fulfill the tos scan criteria showed up with a delay of some minutes. That´s insufficent for daytrading because the train has already left the station ;-) . TC 2000´s easyscan shows the stocks which fulfill it´s criteria immediately. TC 2000 is cheaper as Trade-Ideas and is more customizable. For example it is possible to run a scan on a 3 minute basis and search for stocks which crossing the 200 ema. That´s not possible with Trade-Ideas. But TOS is free for customers and for TC 2000 you have to pay $ 45 per month. I consider to return to TC 2000 because of the recent update (version 20).

5. I have just discovered the scans on TC2000 (v19/20) and they seem to work extremely well. Much more customizable -- I can even use custom indicators for scans.

6. I have been using thier silver subscription (the one which costs 30$ a month) for a year now. mainly to scan stocks breaking daily levels. It works like a charm, plus they have very good support. I usually send them a mail describing what kind of scan I am looking for and they are always happy to help with the codeing (though it's super easy). Haven't had an issue with them every.
    Though I am not sure abt live data. Cause I primarily trade stocks at thier daily levels.

formikatrading likes this.