TC2000 and 2 computers

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mktman, Dec 19, 2003.

1. mktman

mktman

Know its possible to install TC2000 on two computers but its rather involved.

Anybody know how to do this?

Thx.

mktman

2. I called them to see if I could install TC2000 on a laptop and also on my main trading computer. They said I had to pay for another sub. Don't remember if it was any cheaper though.

Of course, you can use the latest CD for backtesting for free but you can't get the data updated without a sub.

3. H2O

H2O

Just install on 2 computers
    Download on the one you use most, than copy the data to the other (network)

Works fine

4. Without a seperate account you can only rn one setup of the software at a time. You can set it up on multiple computers. But auto-updating will only happen on the first one that it is set up on.

Now sure, you can play the data copy game over a network. But for me, I'd just get a second account. You know, the proper way. :)

5. If you're going to pay extra $$$ for a second account, just upgrade to TCNet. They allow you to install it on 2 computers but you're limited to only using one at a time for real-time data (but you can still use your 2nd computer for delayed data and can update it anytime while still using the 1st computer).