TBSI: Should I buy $100k @ these prices

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by luckyluciano, Oct 15, 2007.

1. You are right....You can learn from past hindsite! I know I do.

#21     Oct 23, 2007
  2. topmo

topmo

I, too, have been watching and trading and studying the shipping stocks since last February. I've been in and out of DSX, DRYS, TBSI, ESEA, EGLE and other shippers. All my trades with these stocks have been profitable, OK, 99.99%........Most of my long positions have been with DRYS. In one of my accounts, I'm just holding on to it...since the low 70's. I had been watching it since the 30-40's. With my actively traded account, I keep about one fifth of the account in DRYS (long term), and trade the rest of the account , mostly with the shippers, like DRYS and DSX, sometimes other stocks.....RIMM, AMZN, and GOOG, and AAPL are also good candidates. I've been studying the shippers and I like them and I watch all of my positions really closely. If the market is jittery, I take profits quickly and then get back in when I feel the movement is more positive. I'm holding some of these shippers long term, again, while trading some, scaling in and out. I read all the news I can find, and I study the charts. You've just gotta be satisfied with the "feel" you have when trading IMHO. If you don't, stop for awhile.....With my long term account, holding DRYS, sometimes I say, Oh, I should'a been in and out, I could have made a lot more $$$$. Then with the account I trade actively, I say, Oh, gee, if I just bought XXX amount more shares and held, I could be up so and so, instead of trading in and out so much. But, having traded and lived through the meltdown of 1999-2001.......I just don't want to hold and let go, I want to monitor my positions. So, basically, why not have the best of both worlds?....Set aside part of your account long term for a shipper like TBSI, maybe scale in.....then trade a portion of your account in-and-out, buying low, and selling high, of course.......with the same stock, in your case, TBSI. Be smart about it though. Then, when you get schizo about it, you can have the best of both worlds, some of your favorite stock is being held long-term, then you have your other account, or part of that same account with your in-and-out trades of the same stock. Do YOU believe that TBSI can go higher? Do you believe that GOOG can go higher?

#22     Oct 23, 2007