Taylor Sauer Died While Driving And Facebooking; Now Parents Want To Make It Illegal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Mar 6, 2012.

1. "... The 18-year-old college student said so in her last status update: "I can't discuss this now. Driving and facebooking is not safe! Haha."

At the time, Sauer was driving 80 mph from the Utah State University campus in Logan to visit her folks in Caldwell, Idaho, and was passing the time on the four-hour drive by messaging her friend about the Denver Broncos, according to MSNBC.com

Moments after her last update, she crashed her car into a tanker truck that was going 15 mph up a hill and was killed instantly.

Investigators weren't able to find signs that Sauer applied the brakes before her fatal crash, but, after checking cell phone records, they did discover she was posting about every 90 seconds during her drive, according to Idaho State Police Lt. Sheldon Kelley...."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...ving-and-facebooking_n_1322727.html?ref=crime

Well, DUH!

Candidate for annual "Darwin Awards".

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Isn't texting and driving already illegal? Is there need for a new law to specify "facebooking"?

3. I don't think it is illegal yet. In some states, using a hand-held cell phone is illegal... unless in an emergency(?)

Texting while driving should be illegal, as it's even more distracting than a cell phone.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yep, as usual a few stupid people ruin things for everyone else.

5. pspr

pspr

I agree. I also think that walking out on the hood of your car should be illegal while you are driving.

Oh, they don't do that yet? Wait until next year as people get even more stupid.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Actually they do, my sister in law a former ER nurse has treated people for this very thing.

She likes to say: "if your gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough".

7. pspr

pspr

LOL I should have known that if I could think of it stupid people have done it. :D

8. Is it legal to jerkoff and drive?

9. Though I think facebooking should be illegal, I'm not sure a law against taylor sauer facebooking and driving, is required any longer.

10. only if someone sees you doing it, but then it's public indecency.

#10     Mar 8, 2012