Taxing the rich won't solve the problem

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Jan 9, 2012.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

Correct this will not only enable the economy to grow but will attract investment from abroad.

And to the idiot who earlier stated that governments who print money don't have to increase deposits. If you fund things through printing money or QE then you will see an equal devaluation from inflation later on. The government that gets funding from money creation is in terminal decline.

#31     Jan 10, 2012
  2. So, why are we doing EXACTLY THIS in the USA? Is it because the concept is so complicated that politicos don't grasp it?

NO! They know... but they also know (1) the "easy" rout is "QE, print money, inflation, and currency debasement", and (2) sticky consequences are postponed... hopefully until at least the next election. And as there is always a "next election around the corner", nothing ever gets done... until the collapse.

World financial history is rife with this story... ALWAYS ENDS UP THE SAME!!

:mad: :mad:

#32     Jan 10, 2012
  3. morganist

morganist Guest

I guess the only way to economy stability is to have people in power that benefit from success like a dynasty. Royal families?

#33     Jan 10, 2012
  4. Well, no. Europeans fled to America to get away from "Royal Family Rule" in its various forms.

Unfortunately over the last 100 years, America has morphed into a de facto ruling oligarchy/police state ... not unlike in substance from what our forefathers fled. (We call it "Liberalism", or "Progressiveism", or "Democrats"... though the RepubliClowns are little better than the opposite side of the same coin.)

For our economy to flourish once again, we need a MAJOR transformation... back to the principles of our Constitution.. back to principles of self-reliance and responsibility/accountability for our own lives... which would include significantly reducing the influence and power of the ruling oligarchy... and of course, no ruler or king is going to give up power willingly... will only be accomplished by revolution or military coup.

#34     Jan 10, 2012
  5. morganist

morganist Guest

What about a theocracy?

#35     Jan 10, 2012
  6. Whoa Buckeroo! I can't answer that question. I'm an athiest. I'm in the camp of "ALL religion is artificial, phony and false"... I don't wear that conviction on my sleeve as I understand about 85% of all folks believe in religious-something in one form or another.

#36     Jan 10, 2012
  7. morganist

morganist Guest

Wow even Scientology?:D

#37     Jan 10, 2012
  8. L. Ron Hubbard and Tom Cruise can go pound sand, for all I care.. :D

#38     Jan 10, 2012
  9. morganist

morganist Guest

I bet I could get you to belive in God.

#39     Jan 10, 2012
  10. I bet you couldn't. I was schooled in the physical sciences. I even refer to myself as a "Darwinist".. though I might be the only member of the sect.. LOL!

I have a cousin who was devout... was even about 6-months away from being ordained a Catholic priest... I remember his living his every waking hour as a religious NUT... and one day he tells me, "Hey man, it's all BULLSHIT"!

FINALLY, the reality of his intellect broke through.

#40     Jan 10, 2012