Taxing the Rich does not kill Jobs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PocketChange, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Just means that the top 0.1% control and make 18.5% of the countries income.

The fact that these senators are voting on tax issues that they stand to benefit from personally seems like a rather obvious conflict of interest.

#31     Dec 5, 2010
  2. What it means is that the top 0.1% are the ones providing for your welfare, food stamps.

You should be more grateful instead of wanting more.

#32     Dec 5, 2010
  3. I heard about it. I guess the government CAN steal individual accounts if they think they can get away with it.

#33     Dec 5, 2010
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Whose money are they using to pay for those, their money? I don't think so...

"Since 1979, hourly earnings for 80 percent of American workers (those in private-sector, nonsupervisory jobs) have risen by just 1 percent, after inflation... For male workers, the average wage has actually slid by 5 percent since 1979. Worker productivity, meanwhile, has climbed 60 percent."

"From 1979 to 2005, a period when national output more than doubled, after-tax incomes inched up just 6 percent for the bottom fifth of American households after accounting for inflation, while it rose 21 percent for the middle fifth. For the top fifth, income jumped 80 percent and for the top 1 percent it more than tripled..."

From The Big Squeeze - Tough Times For The American Worker. Steven Greenhouse. 2008.

#34     Dec 5, 2010
  5. Odumbo voters think it's time to "FIGHT for their share of the pie"... when they are already receiving MUCH more than they deserve.

#35     Dec 5, 2010
  6. They stole it from you. Do the right thing and steal it back.

"For the top fifth, income jumped 80 percent and for the top 1 percent it more than tripled..."

Keep doing what you are doing. Do not do what the top 20% are doing. To make it into the top 20% of earners you need to make $88K. Apparently those people are making too much.

#36     Dec 5, 2010
  7. More republican propaganda. They omit that the top 0,1% own more then 18,5% of all the wealth. Thus the poor still pay more, even if taking in account a flat tax.

Math is so hard for dumb republicans...:p

#37     Dec 5, 2010

8. Taxing them more will not ever make up for your failures, nor improve your life, yet you insist.

#38     Dec 5, 2010
  9. When did I say that it would? Republicans always attack the scientists... LOL.. the voice of reason is far away!!

Stop ignoring the math and start being smart!

#39     Dec 5, 2010
  10. If you are suggesting that I am a Republican, I have never been so insulted in my life. Just don't call me a Democrat.

#40     Dec 5, 2010