Taxing the Rich does not kill Jobs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PocketChange, Dec 3, 2010.

1. JamesL

JamesL

+1

#21     Dec 4, 2010
  2. Sillly goose. If the retirement money owed by the individual in their account, how can the government steal it??

#22     Dec 4, 2010
  3. Isn't the forced savings a moot point if printing and inflation makes your saved dollar able to buy $0.01 of something by the time you're looking to use it?

#23     Dec 4, 2010
  4. nice idea but it has zero chance of happening because it would cause hundreds of thousands of lost jobs. you see, accountants, tax professionals and tax software makers are in business only because the IRS code is so goddamn complicated. if it were simplified as much as you propose, individuals and simple businesses could do the work themselves.

#24     Dec 5, 2010
  5. For those who don't believe the rich pay their fair share:
    To access the full article, you have to be a subscriber to the Wall Street Journal, and I'm not a subscriber. [​IMG]

#25     Dec 5, 2010
  6. Ricter

Ricter

The WSJ came out in defence of the rich?! No way!

#26     Dec 5, 2010
  7. I know, I know....I was only dreaming!!! :D

BTW, have you read the bill they were about to drop to take over 401k / IRA's (before the elections)??? :eek:

#27     Dec 5, 2010
  8. Almost, but I am also an advocate of taking over the FED (away from privately held branch shareholders......federalize it).....!!! :cool:

#28     Dec 5, 2010
  9. Correct.....and that would PROPERLY efficientize the whole economy, so funds WASTED by all businesses for tax accounting could go back into PRODUCING something of value again.....WOW, what a concept (and hire more people to do just that).

Hey, every 30 to 50 year economic cycle a group like the stagecoach builders just has to fall and die (no longer needed)! :D

#29     Dec 5, 2010

10. More info including:

In 2008 the top 0.1 percent paid 18.5 percent of the nation's federal individual income taxes.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/250.html

#30     Dec 5, 2010