Taxing Rich 100% Won't Dent Deficit or Debt

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Don't forget the upcoming Obama Care taxes.

#31     Aug 21, 2011
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I think there are categories of poor people that should receive assistance. Certainly children should have shelter, food and medical care. I suppose that must be extended to their mother to be effective. But there has to be a limit, you can't let them go into the paternity business. I think you basically have to take the kids away. Harsh but sustainable.

Elderly people should have means tested assistance with shelter, food and medical care. That does not include their fully grown able-bodied offspring.

No illegal immigrant should receive a dime of assistance for any reason. If they have children those children should be seized and placed in child protective custody or adopted out. It shouldn't be feasible to illegally cross into the US simply to give birth and receive welfare. The parents should be deported in accordance with state law.

I don't mind paying taxes for those things. I do mind paying for somebody to sit in their house and drink beer and smoke pot and not even attempt to get an education or seek work. It is just wrong.

#32     Aug 21, 2011
  3. Yup. I'm all for feeding people with no money, but housing them and funding their drug habits are out of the question. We've got plenty of homeless people who get by. If they don't work they don't deserve the luxuries afforded by labor.

#33     Aug 22, 2011