Taxes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NeoRio1, Oct 17, 2008.

1. So please explain why raising capital gains rates to where they were during the 90's and thus reducing the deficit thus strengthening the currency will be so fatal to the economy.

Please include the words "trickle down" in your response.

#11     Oct 18, 2008
  2. Specterx

Specterx

You're confused: cutting taxes brings in less revenue. It's why our government is in such a shitty fiscal situation.

#12     Oct 19, 2008
  3. Wow i was expecting at least somewhat of an argument from the liberals about increasing taxes.

The only argument i heard was that taxes on corporations were at the level Obama wants in the 90's. So i take it our economy is is as good right now as it was in the 90's?????

#13     Oct 19, 2008
  4. Federal income tax goes to pay the interest on the money that the government borrows from the Fed. This is why taxes can only increase over time as long as the Fed exists.

I can't wait to see the day when the average American is paying 75% of their income in taxes. Hopefully, I'll be out of this country by then.

#14     Oct 19, 2008
  5. TGregg

TGregg

It's class warfare and they don't even bother to hide it any more. If you are not taking handouts from the government, then you have a big target on your back and need to "spread the (your) wealth".

#15     Oct 19, 2008
  6. Vista

Vista

They have a hard time with this one, the same way they have a hard time getting a liberal talk show to last. They are frequently carpet bombed with logic and simply can't regain their composure. Emotional statements like Obama's 'Fairness statement' appeal mostly to uneducated, non achieving, wealth envious type people.

Anybody with any business sense or experience knows that increasing taxes only decreases a tax payers drive to produce and be creative. How could that type of environment, possibly be conducive to creating a better economy.............it can't. But, for the dumb masses, it's like throwing a dog a bone.

#16     Oct 19, 2008
  7. I gave you a very simple one, that increasing taxes overall (ie. "paying the bills") will reduce the deficit and therefore strengthen the currency.

Of course not, it's currently a basketcase due to years of trickle down, supply side failures. Trickle down simply did not work.

#17     Oct 19, 2008
  8. I have both business sense and business experience, after running my own business for years, and your statement is wrong.

When taxes went up slightly I had no more or less "drive" to produce or be creative -- I always wanted to expand my business. When taxes were reduced slightly I didn't have any lower drive -- I was still always concerned and hovering to make certain that the business would succeed.

I would suggest that you have never run your own business.

#18     Oct 19, 2008
  9. Neo, could you please not start four different threads on the same topic, just post on one and try your best to follow it.

#19     Oct 19, 2008
  10. Vista

Vista

Change the word SLIGHTLY in your sentence above to GREATLY, and you might not of even had the money to expand your business and create new jobs, not to mention spending more to stimulate the economy.

I have degrees in business, engineering, held positions in large corporations, owned businesses and trade. I've been around.

#20     Oct 19, 2008