Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by congoboy, Jan 14, 2008.

  1. congoboy


    Hi guys, I have a question about taxes.

    I made about $3,000 or so from trading. What kind of taxes would I have to pay on that? I already spent the profits, so that's why I am kind of worried. Other than that I also had income from a job where I made about $12,000. But taxes were already deducted from that. That leaves just 3,000.

    So what's the magic number. I am also a full time student.
  3. telozo


    If it's short term, it's taxed as regular income.
  4. congoboy


    yes it was all short term. just swing trades. so i guess like 30% or something would be the rate
  5. nice link ;)