Taxes Plunge for Rich

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Savant

Savant

HAHA! What I'm thinking about is your desperate attempt to use a semantics argument to divert attention from the fact that you just had your ass handed to you with regard to "point" you were trying to make with the thread.

Here's your response:

Whoops!! Except for that first 47%.

I realize you aren't the brightest guy on ET, but try to think carefully regarding a better way to save some face on this topic without having to resort to a stupid semantics argument. LMAO!

#11     Apr 19, 2011
  2. i gave you a chance to save face but you werent bright enough to use the escape hatch. you said "What about for the 47% of Americans who pay no taxes?" no is the qualifier. that is a bogus statement. even those that dont make enough to pay federal income tax still pay some taxes. payroll,use tax,gas tax, sales tax ect. next time try to think before you post.

#12     Apr 19, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

No, we're not.

#13     Apr 19, 2011
  4. Savant

Savant

Yes, we are. By the vast majority of social indicators for standard of living, we're doing better than the vast majority. Unless of course, you're some kind of whack job who counts 'equality of income' as part of the metric in it's own right as a measure of material living standards.

#14     Apr 19, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Flat out false.

#15     Apr 19, 2011
  6. Savant

Savant

I gave you a chance to NOT use a stupid childish semantics argument to attempt to make your point, but I guess that's all you could come up with. LOL! Crash and burn for you, ouch... LMAO!

#16     Apr 19, 2011
  7. Savant

Savant

Sorry to ruin your Engels ecstasy, but no, you're "flat out uninformed" :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...h_human_development_.28developed_countries.29

1 Norway 0.938 0.001
    2 Australia 0.937 0.002
    3 (17) New Zealand 0.907 0.003
    4 (9) United States 0.902 0.003

Only ONE of those nations is notably more "even" than America. :D Sorry, but you have to learn to cope with reality some day.

#17     Apr 19, 2011
  8. thats all i needed to show you were talking out you ass. speaking of childish. what are you, about 20?

#18     Apr 19, 2011
  9. Savant

Savant

HAHA!! And you followed up with an ad hominem attack of course! The favorite refuge of failed debaters. ROFL! You can't address or refute the premise, so I guess a personal attack will have to do, right? Don't worry, it's not noticeable to everyone or anything. :D

#19     Apr 19, 2011
  10. it wasnt an attack. it was a question. i am usually pretty accurate about telling the age of some of the immature people on et.

are you still trying to defend your statement that 47% of americans pay NO taxes? give it up already.

#20     Apr 19, 2011