taxes for a Yank based overseas?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by Jayford, Jun 13, 2006.

  1. This is a Q for you Americans trading full time overseas. If you do the full year thing outside of the States, does trading income allow the $80K exclusion even if you use a US broker? The income would actually be derived from the US.

    Also, I thought you had to be paying taxes elsewhere to get this exclusion.

    Please, only replies from those that have done this. Lots of incorrect replies on the tax stuff.


  2. You form a corporation that holds the accounts and pays you a salary. This has been covered ad infinitum on ET ... to a search under 'taxes' or 'exclusion.'