Taxes: Can a Trader Relocate to tax-free locale?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by Sean McLaughlin, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Joe,

At one time Charlotte Amolie and all of St. Thomas were off limits as an R&R destination for US Naval servicemen because it was too dangerous.

The casualty rate was too high.

#71     Jan 25, 2010
  2. #72     Jan 25, 2010
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Unfortunately I can confirm this.

You are ok over on the other side, say Saphire Bay but Charlotte Amalie is dangerous.

I'll try to keep it short. I went into Charlotte Amalie one evening for a few drinks. The local girls I was partying with got me a cab to go home (alone, they were like half my age and black lol). As the cab was pulling away a black guy ran up and lunged through my open window for my gold chain (yeah, it was the 80s lol). I thought he got the chain.

Because the cab has sped up the guy ended up crawling onto the roof. I thought the SOB New Yorked me so I yelled for the driver to keep going and went out the window to go kill the schvartza. He tried to kick me as I came up but he also looked scared and I remember I was grinning because I knew he was toast. I smashed my fist into his face, yanked his gold chain off his neck and kicked him off the roof. Not my finest moment.

The cabby was screaming about his roof so I had him drop me at the wrong hotel and gave him the money I had on me, maybe 60 bucks. Then I ran down the beach to my hotel and spent the rest of my stay wondering who would find me first, the locals or the police. I have never been back. :D Oh, it turned out my chain was still on my neck. Oops. :)

#73     Jan 25, 2010
  4. chch66

chch66

Joe Trader,

Incorrect info on nearly all counts.

#74     Jan 25, 2010