Tax thought..actually should go to the front page

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tango29, Nov 27, 2012.

1. its the cost of doing business. whats $70 anyhow in order to simplify my life? it costs me more than that to fill my gas tank.

#21     Nov 27, 2012
  2. tango29

tango29

How about if that $70 went into the Treasury?

#22     Nov 27, 2012
  3. ktm

ktm

After reading a few of his posts, I will have to do the same...and tango.

#23     Nov 27, 2012
  4. tango29

tango29

Feel free to put me on ignore. It won't break my heart. I would ask to say why? I believe our tax code is beyond stupid. Yet, I call and I get representatives who agree, but it doesn't change. Yet we reelect these same bought and paid for tools. I guess I must be wrong.

#24     Nov 27, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

If you're so discriminating a reader why don't you have Clubber on ignore?

#25     Nov 27, 2012
  6. I agree with most of your points. They are very reasonable (in particular the part about the CPA's various lobbyists who have no problem with a more complex tax code). After all, it's more billable hours.

Free Thinker isn't concerned with providing meaningful replies to your posts. He's all about starting threads with various cut and paste articles that just push his tired agenda.

#26     Nov 27, 2012
  7. tango29

tango29

If you are saying I am Freestinker, I have no answer other than I am not. I will close the thread with asking people who think the code is crap to call their Representatives and tell them so. I can close with that and be happy. I wish it made feel like people would, but I guess I know better also.
    Peace to all who do call

#27     Nov 27, 2012
  8. Who accused you of being Free Thinker?

It might help if you actually quoted whomever you are addressing in your replies.

#28     Nov 27, 2012
  9. I saw an analysis a while back that showed that if all personal deductions are are eliminated, the following rates will bring tax revenues to 20% of GDP. (Currently they're about 18%)

1) Tax all wages at 10% plus FICA taxes (no salary cap limit).
    2) Tax all dividends and interest at 15%.
    3) Tax all corporate profits at 20%.

Unfortunately, I lost the reference for the study. If I find it, I'll post it.

#29     Nov 27, 2012
  10. BSAM

BSAM

I'm with you, brother Tango.
    When does the march on Washington begin?

#30     Nov 27, 2012