Tax Tea Parties... Do they mean anything?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gnome, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Reagan, GOP? (Before either Bush years)

#11     Apr 16, 2009
  2. Anyone that studies taxes understands that they hurt the economics levied on that industry!

RON PAUL!

#12     Apr 16, 2009
  3. Political Science major (like me) or just strongly-opinionated?

In my opinion, the Republicans are too divided as a party.. separate the social conservatives from the fiscal conservatives. Market has gotten stronger since Obama has been in office too.

Very important message:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8622/nietzsche.jpg

#13     Apr 16, 2009
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

You got. I watched Glenn Beck tonight from the Alamo in friggin Texas, and I was really expecting that the crowd would be a lot bigger. The one day turnout in most places was not all that high, a few thousand, and the biggest problem is that it's only one day.
    If a few thousand people showed up at all these places every day and started tearing shit up like they do in France, then people would pay attention...but for now they aint gonna.

Brandon

#14     Apr 16, 2009
  5. akeserla

akeserla

The tea parties have a name: Teabagging is the word

#15     Apr 16, 2009
  6. I guess you would prefer it the way it used to be...you pay for your mother-in-law's needs. Evidently it didn't occur to you. LOL.

I don't know what the solution is. But the elderly have reached a time in their lives when it is difficult to do for themselves, particularly if they have medical issues. What do you want to do? Cut them off?

OldTrader

#16     Apr 16, 2009
  7. jnbadger

jnbadger

Absolutely false. I am close friends with a few guys who are small business owners, and participated in the St Paul rally, and would bury most people intellectually.

Unfortunately, your statement is an example of how these rallies are portrayed in general media. So I agree it wasn't taken very seriously nationwide.

I agree with the fact that most people don't have a clue, but those are the people who just usually don't give a shit either way.

#17     Apr 16, 2009
  8. It wasn't the money it was having to put up with her longer lol. J/K

#18     Apr 16, 2009
  9. reagan failed to cut spending. he was able to cut taxes but his promised spending cuts never came.

#19     Apr 16, 2009
  10. gnome

gnome

We Americans are famous for (1) having a short memory, and (2) dogged loyalty to our political party.

At the '08, election, CONgress' disaproval rate was 86%... yet 95% of incumbents were sent back to Washington... I don't get that... :mad:

#20     Apr 16, 2009