tax stimulus checks

Discussion in 'Economics' started by new$, Jun 30, 2008.

1. "Based on your filing status, the amount of your stimulus payment is $600 or your 2007 net income tax liability, whichever is less."

Your federal income tax return was less than $300?
    :confused:

#11     Jun 30, 2008
  2. AWill

AWill

I spent mine at Wal-Mart because that's what they want you to do. And asshole, Lee Scott benefited from my decision. I hate that guy.

#12     Jul 1, 2008
  3. ess1096

ess1096

Expecting $2100 this week
    :D
    Nice for me!

#13     Jul 1, 2008
  4. My income was too high, and I didn't qualify, so really don't care.

The way I look at it is that $1200 is just a cent and a quarter on 20 contracts(100,000 bu) of wheat.

Everything has it's price.

Jeff''

Here's an example of what I spend my trading profits on: It's a Painting by Renoir. Seemingly, I've been spending much of my extra cash on fine, original art, for the past 30 years, ever since I got into the biz.

Jeff

#14     Jul 1, 2008
  5. piezoe

piezoe

How true that is. Thank you for writing the truth. Not only will it have to be paid back, but with interest. And of course it won't be paid directly via direct taxation, but via monetization, which appears in the economy as inflation. I am very disappointed in posters on ET for not understanding this. I don't expect the typical Walmart shopper to understand, but you would think that ET folks would have a little better grasp of economics.

#15     Jul 1, 2008
  6. its actually really sad
    give all the tax payers
    money that "they deserve"
    The problem i have is that they give
    it to you like you don't hae to pay it back.
    its kind of like if my dad gave me money to do whatever."son go spend that im proud of you champ" kind of deal but instead its the U.S
    government and their word is
    "My children im proud that your a no good lazy scheming fool.
    "Please here's money go spend it I hope you choke on it"
    Screw everything about this whole Stimulus.
    I know the heads in the whitehouse have Masters or therir Doctors
    so what?? are they trying to tell me they skipped maecro and microeconomics

#16     Jul 2, 2008
  7. sprstpd

sprstpd

Actually, that is the most patriotic thing you could do. Give the finger to the complete assholes who thought this stimulus crap was a good idea. Just put it in the bank and say piss off to the idiots who run this country.

#17     Jul 2, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

The dumbass Gummint is hoping the stimulus checks will kick-off another round of debt-driven consumer spending.

Stupid fools*... they don't even realize these checks are like burning a dose of gasoline poured onto the ashes of a burned-out fire...

*Actually they are not fools (LYING THIEVING BASTARDS, YES... fools, no), they know exactly what they are doing... just trying blow some of the stink off of themselves as they buy time.

#18     Jul 2, 2008
  9. yeah i guess i have to agree they are just trying to by some time but its just so much bullshit
    never fail though- America

#19     Jul 2, 2008