Tax residency for a true (non-American) digital nomad?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by mitchell_1, Dec 27, 2020.

1. tonyf

tonyf

Is this hostility part of your personality on this forum or have you just contracted covid?

What is the setup cost and annual fees of that Mossac Fontessa setup of yours?

Who is the beneficial owner of the assets? Where are the titles filed? What is the ring fencing setup, bankruptcy remote structure, assignment, segregation and novation rights? Guarantees of pass through upon death (inheritance)? Money laundering compliance?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    #41     Jan 3, 2021
  2. tonyf

tonyf

"almost sure cheaper than yours."

You are one of those guys who know it all...

My approach to structuring is the same as investing really, always listen, always learn, there are defo new ideas out there better than mine.

So my MWR return for 2020 is 84 per cent, with a low in March of -9 percent. Guess where I learned/learn investing? In books?

#42     Jan 3, 2021
  3. virtusa

virtusa

Utterly stupid remark. COVID has nothing to do with this at all.
    You see things as hostile if they contest your "expert" view ( There is an easy way. Keep digging...). You just make denegrating remarks about it. So it is rather you who has an hostile attitude.

This shows again that you don't even have comprehensive reading abilities.
    I have no offshore, I have a legal fiscal ruling which enables me to use my money legally, live where I like, travel where I wish, have no costs like you (setup company abroad, manage it, make sure your tax auditor does not find you...). All my money is on accounts on my name and they are known by the fiscal adminitration. I don't have to hide things like you have to do in Dubai.

The only problem is that you should have a minimum of income (which you probably still try to generate) to be accepted as HNWI in a country so that you can profit from these fiscal advantages.
    82% a year does not impress me at all as a daytrader.

And now on ignore.

#43     Jan 3, 2021
  4. You can pretty much Google all these types of inquiries (and do your own research). I have been offshore since 2000, and using the services of my current law firm since 2005. I am COVID free, but you are certainly a hopeless case. That's for sure...

As for the "hostility part of my personality", I am certainly very aggressive. Deadly...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    #44     Jan 3, 2021
  5. tonyf

tonyf

Fuck you very much!

#45     Jan 3, 2021
  6. FUCK YOU, ignorant motherfucker ;)

Keep going asshole. I never stop...

Poor motherfucker, pondering an answer.

#46     Jan 3, 2021
  7. d08

d08

Well, this went to the gutter. Admins should probably delete the last few messages.

#47     Jan 4, 2021
    VPhantom likes this.
  8. tonyf

tonyf

Ridiculous! luckily I have never seen an attitude like that one before on this forum.

He is bombarding me with nasty private messages as well....

edit: now reported to admin

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    #48     Jan 4, 2021
    VPhantom and d08 like this.
  9. virtusa

virtusa

I had an offshore over 20 years ago on BVI (Tortola, which is full of offshores).
    But over time these credit cards and debit cards became a problem.

In Europe many countries analyze all payments done with offshore cards, or even just cards not emitted by the country where they are used. Result is that one of my friends got caught and got in big fiscal problems. These debit cards and credit cards from BVI are no solution anymore as the frequency and amount of payments are registered and analyzed. So even pay in a grocery store or a restaurant on a frequent basis will get you in trouble. Who, living on BVI, where the cards are issued, would buy groceries every week in a country thousands of miles away in another country?
    Even withdrawals from ATM's are checked.
    I cannot believe that the IRS would be so stupid not to check that.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    #49     Jan 4, 2021
    VPhantom and ChipShotTrader like this.
  10. I sent ONE message. You began with the cursing and insults, and I responded accordingly. You are also just a pussy, as well!!! The whole package!!!

There is always a first time. Behave, and shit like this will not happen...

#50     Jan 4, 2021