Tax residency for a true (non-American) digital nomad?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by mitchell_1, Dec 27, 2020.

1. tonyf

tonyf

And how do you draw profits from the BVI?

#31     Jan 2, 2021
  2. tonyf

tonyf

Jabal Ali free zone is even easier.

#32     Jan 2, 2021
  3. virtusa

virtusa

Surely easy, but not attractive for many reasons. Most North African and Middle East countries have undemocratic governments with a lot of corruption and very repressive islamic laws. You cannot trust Courts if you have any legal problem.
    I have a friend who lived there for several years, but left because of the very unsafe feelings she had.

Here you can read about your "paradise":
    https://theculturetrip.com/middle-e...ticles/11-ways-you-can-get-arrested-in-dubai/

https://www.prisonersabroad.org.uk/news/prison-life-in-the-united-arab-emirates

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4665976/8-ways-to-get-arrested-in-dubai/

#33     Jan 2, 2021
  4. tonyf

tonyf

Who said anything about living there? I have only been once to set things up and that's it.

#34     Jan 2, 2021
  5. tonyf

tonyf

"Here you canread aboutyour "paradise"

And making comments like this one does not make you smarter.

#35     Jan 2, 2021
  6. virtusa

virtusa

In EU almost all countries require you to move physically to Dubai if not they will tax you in your native country. Just go there for setting things up will not work for EU.

You did not mention either that is was NOT about living there...
    US citizens that have a company in Dubai have to report that in the US (beneficial ownership and worldwide income taxation in the US) and have to pay taxes on it in the US.

#36     Jan 2, 2021
  7. tonyf

tonyf

Keep digging :).
    All I can say is that there are ways.

#37     Jan 2, 2021
  8. virtusa

virtusa

I have my solution already, and almost sure cheaper than yours.
    Official and living in a beautiful place.
    I don't need all these fake constructions (anymore).

If you open a bank account in Dubai (for your company), that bank has to ask you to fill in a form of benificial ownership. So the US will know about you in Dubai. If they don't do that and the US catches them it will be a huge fine. Some EU banks had fines running in the hundreds of millions.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    #38     Jan 2, 2021
  9. God, I can't even believe I am bothering to answer this, but here it goes.

A legal firm will set up an offshore corporation. The BVI is pretty popular.

They usually also offer bank account opening services in the name of the newly formed BVI Corporation.

You then trade through this BVI Corp. by setting up a brokerage account in its name. You then connect this brokerage account to the bank account of the BVI Corp. Since they are both in the same name, there will be no issues. The bank will offer you a debit card, and also a credit card if you desire (all banks are different, but this is usually the way). You do not need to live in the BVI, nor live where its bank account is located.

AND that's how you draw profits from the BVI!!!

#39     Jan 2, 2021
    pior likes this.
  10. Really??? Amazing!!!

#40     Jan 2, 2021